Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

The curiousness got the better of me.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: The curiousness got the better of me.

Post by Lola098 on 17/04/13, 06:02 am

BloodiedRose wrote:I’m fluent in English since I live in the States.

My first language is Lao and I’m near fluent in speaking. I can understand it if spoken to, but I can’t read it (I’ve made attempts to learn it, didn’t work)

I took one year of Japanese at the local community college and now am learning by myself, but I occasionally contact my professor for help(mostly with kanji).

Lao? That's really cool! Sometimes I wish there was a magic button that if you press it, you'd instantly know a language of your choice. Haha. That sucks. But if you really wanna learn reading it, you shouldn't give up easily. If you think there's no hope, then think about it and then decide. :3

I've been taking Japanese for about two years now. Most I've learned is when I self-study though. (Kanji pisses me off sometimes. XDDD) OTL

"This is where I'd keep my scratching post...IF I HAD ONE!

Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 248
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

http://kaori-chan098.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bivi_bavi on 17/04/13, 06:04 am

So... I speak in Polish (my native language), English (second), so-so
German and Russian... understand a little Italian, Japanese (I have
problems with kanji)... that's all I think. :D

bivi_bavi
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 8
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 17/04/13, 06:04 am

Lola098 wrote:
Haha! Arabic? That's really cool! I'm reasonably fluent with most languages I know... except for Japanese. Apparently, I suck at the languages I like the most. Most of my family is from Puerto Rico, but they're all like a big mix of something. Puerto Ricans themselves are a big mix, but my mother is half Puerto Rican and half South Korean, while my dad was raised in the U.S, most of his family is from Italy and other places in Europe. Hence why I know Italian.

Lol. When taking Italian, I was really good since Spanish is really similar to Italian. XDDD I've never in my life taken French. I mean, I like the language, but am utterly scared of learning it. I don't know why though!

(Sorry for any mistakes. I'm legitimately falling asleep on my keyboard. OTL)

Thanks for saying it's cool~. I've been exposed to Japanese from a really young age, but when I seriously started studying the language I freaking practised until my hands hurt. I've got a really good friend who is half-Puerto Rican and he speaks Spanish well, my Waifu is also studying Spanish. At this point I'm surpised I don't know any.

Spanish/Italian/French is kind of that one group of Romance languages, if you're good at one you're good at the all! DON'T DO FRENCH IT'S PAINFUL. Well, there is a difference between Canadian French and the French they speak in France... but don't do Canadian French, it's scary and you should be scared.

(GO TO BED, OHMYGOD. But look who's talking, I was up all Sunday night on this forum.)

Edit: @bivi_bavi Polish, wow! I've been told that Polish is the most difficult language to learn.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by bivi_bavi on 17/04/13, 06:21 am

Yes i hear that to, maybe it's because Polish language is like hissing for others.

bivi_bavi
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 8
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 17/04/13, 06:40 am

I'm not too sure on why it could be, maybe someone else knows something about this? I've never met anyone IRL who could speak Polish, or anyone who has tried to learn it so I don't have a good grasp on how it would sound.

I know that Arabic and German have the same problems because both languages have sort of... rough/throaty sounds. German more so than Arabic though.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirai on 17/04/13, 07:31 am

Hmm, I know English, kinda know Japanese (not much though) and for the most part, I can understand Hindi. (Though I'm no good when it comes to reading [romanized isn't a problem] and speaking).

I'd maybe like to learn Mandarin though or French, maybe? o.o

Mirai
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 195
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Alera on 17/04/13, 01:59 pm

The_Cat_Lady wrote:
This is a freaking dream come true ಥ_ಥ.

IKR, finding a Bulgarian anime/manga fan is hard enough, but even vn/otome, amg! >w<
Imagine visual novels in Bulgarian. @A@ They would probably sound really funny, but it would still be awesome.

- Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Alera
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 327
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

http://psyalera.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 17/04/13, 02:14 pm

Alera wrote:
The_Cat_Lady wrote:
This is a freaking dream come true ಥ_ಥ.
Imagine visual novels in Bulgarian. @A@ They would probably sound really funny, but it would still be awesome.
Would be nice,definitely °‿‿°

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 17/04/13, 09:30 pm

Two very happy Bulgarians have been united... now to find a half-Japanese, half-Croatian online friend, for me! :p

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 17/04/13, 09:36 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:Two very happy Bulgarians have been united... now to find a half-Japanese, half-Croatian online friend, for me! :p
I have a feeling that that isn't going to be easy Laughing dududu.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 17/04/13, 09:37 pm

Damn you realistic people! I'll settle for Eurasian, LOL.

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Lola098 on 18/04/13, 02:45 am

Topaztan wrote:
Lola098 wrote:
Haha! Arabic? That's really cool! I'm reasonably fluent with most languages I know... except for Japanese. Apparently, I suck at the languages I like the most. Most of my family is from Puerto Rico, but they're all like a big mix of something. Puerto Ricans themselves are a big mix, but my mother is half Puerto Rican and half South Korean, while my dad was raised in the U.S, most of his family is from Italy and other places in Europe. Hence why I know Italian.

Lol. When taking Italian, I was really good since Spanish is really similar to Italian. XDDD I've never in my life taken French. I mean, I like the language, but am utterly scared of learning it. I don't know why though!

(Sorry for any mistakes. I'm legitimately falling asleep on my keyboard. OTL)

Thanks for saying it's cool~. I've been exposed to Japanese from a really young age, but when I seriously started studying the language I freaking practised until my hands hurt. I've got a really good friend who is half-Puerto Rican and he speaks Spanish well, my Waifu is also studying Spanish. At this point I'm surpised I don't know any.

Spanish/Italian/French is kind of that one group of Romance languages, if you're good at one you're good at the all! DON'T DO FRENCH IT'S PAINFUL. Well, there is a difference between Canadian French and the French they speak in France... but don't do Canadian French, it's scary and you should be scared.

(GO TO BED, OHMYGOD. But look who's talking, I was up all Sunday night on this forum.)

Edit: @bivi_bavi Polish, wow! I've been told that Polish is the most difficult language to learn.

Well, it is cool! Ahh, that's good. My mom's best friend is Japanese, and they've known each other since like high school... Because of that, my mother speaks a lot of Japanese. >_< More than me! But I was never interested in Japanese until recently, that's why I didn't grew up with it. I remember my mom being like "Lola, you should study Japanese with me, so-" *cuts her off* "No thanks!" I regret that so much! xD
Half-Puerto Rican? I am as well. Haha. (Spanish is a really hard language to learn though)

I know. Romanian and Portuguese too, I believe. :3 Really? Why is it so scary? xDD But I might as well learn some French, after all my school offers French classes for free. XD

(I kinda did. I didn't literally go to bed... I fell asleep while talking on this forum. OTL We otome gamers never have a healthy sleep schedule. XD)

"This is where I'd keep my scratching post...IF I HAD ONE!

Lola098
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 248
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

http://kaori-chan098.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 18/04/13, 02:57 am

Lola098 wrote:(I kinda did. I didn't literally go to bed... I fell asleep while
talking on this forum. OTL We otome gamers never have a healthy sleep
schedule.
XD)
Truer words haven't been spoken in such a long time!

Sorry to sound like I'm ignoring the topic, but I just had to agree with this. I mean, just look at my post count! It's not my fault my mobile makes noises when I get the e-mail notifications from OH... I can't not reply, LOL. Unless I'm at uni, which won't be happening in about two weeks since I'm on holiday. I love this forum so much, OMG.

Anyway, I've been lurking on this topic for a while, and can I just say how AMAZED I am by the multilingualists here?! So here's a summary of the languages people revealed to be able to understand:

Arabic
Bulgarian
Chinese
English
German
Hindi
Italian
Japanese
Lao
Latin
Polish
Russian
Spanish
Turkish

That's bloody impressive. It really is! Imagine if we all formed the ULTIMATE translation team! xD

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Akuni on 18/04/13, 06:24 am

Here's a list of languages I'm gonna start after school. Hopefully, when I have more time ;;

Greek [I HAVE TO LEARN THIS AND GO TO GREECE SOMEDAY *Dreams*]
Spanish [Can still speak it, but not as fluently as before ;; lack of practice]
Italian
French
Japanese [Someday ._.""]
Korean [Still battling this alphabet system thing @_@]
German
Mandarin [Some family members of mine teach a class, 8 year old kids speaking better than me ;; this cannot continue]
Cantonese
Russian
AFRICAN SWAHILI D:< [Because.....I like it]

Of course I'll probably not learn all of this...but...I have a list ^^;

Akuni
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 606
+Like : 28
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 18/04/13, 06:29 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Lola098 wrote:(I kinda did. I didn't literally go to bed... I fell asleep while
talking on this forum. OTL We otome gamers never have a healthy sleep schedule. XD)
Truer words haven't been spoken in such a long time!

I concur with the above.

Lola098 wrote: Well, it is cool! Ahh, that's good. My mom's best friend is Japanese, and they've known each other since like high school... Because of that, my mother speaks a lot of Japanese. >_< More than me! But I was never interested in Japanese until recently, that's why I didn't grew up with it. I remember my mom being like "Lola, you should study Japanese with me, so-" *cuts her off* "No thanks!" I regret that so much! xD

:3 Really? Why is it so scary? xDD But I might as well learn some French, after all my school offers French classes for free. XD

Awww, that's unfortunate but because it's your mom & her friends you can still have them help you out from time to time. The only thing my wants to do with me is to learn how to become interior decorators. xD

Okay, I'm over reacting on the French thing but I just did not enjoy learning it at all. It's the one language I respect from afar. It's great it you can speak it but don't even come near me. It's too confusing! LOL. Oh wait, don't take this as me discouraging you to do something you want to! I mean, if you want to go and try French try it! Absolutely, try it have fun with it and enjoy it. Especially if you think it's worth your time.

Laramie Castiel wrote: Sorry to sound like I'm ignoring the topic, but I just had
to agree with this. I mean, just look at my post count! It's not my
fault my mobile makes noises when I get the e-mail notifications from
OH... I can't not reply, LOL. Unless I'm at uni, which won't be
happening in about two weeks since I'm on holiday. I love this forum so
much, OMG.

ME TOO. This is basically me, though I have attempted to respond in between classes.
Laramie Castiel wrote: Anyway, I've been lurking on this topic for a while,
and can I just say how AMAZED I am by the multilingualists here?! So
here's a summary of the languages people revealed to be able to
understand:

Arabic
Bulgarian
Chinese
English
German
Hindi
Italian
Japanese
Lao
Latin
Polish
Russian
Spanish
Turkish

That's bloody impressive. It really is! Imagine if we all formed the ULTIMATE translation team! xD

Omg, the list is in Alphabetical order as well. <3 Wow, imagine if we could actually translate something into all of the above languages and have it be accurate. It would be such an accomplishment. It's probably unrealistic, though. Looking at that list is really amazing though, speaking multiple languages is such a challenge and we just have a collection of blooming linguists~.

Even those of us who can't speak multiple languages yet are at least learning & trying, and I respect you all for that.

omg, just realized I hit 100 posts. yay me.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sku on 18/04/13, 10:18 am

My main language is English.
Though I'm told that when I was 2 I often meshed English, French, and Chinese in sentences. "婆婆 (pou pou), sit here. Maintenant!" I was apparently a very demanding child.

I took French in high school (but it was France French, not Quebecois that my family-friends spoke)
I tried Chinese when I was 12 but that didn't last long (all I retained was 1-5 and foods! Cantonese)
Japanese I did in high school but only for 2 year. I want to go back to my school. Except when I was too good for beginner intermediate they put me in Advanced Intermediate and idk-what-I-was-doing!

Right now my main priority should be Vietnamese for the in-laws >.> It's such a hard language. Three, Father, and old woman all sound like Baa but with rising, falling, and flat tones D: And omg my english phonics does not help with their alphabet!

I want to go back to Japanese though ; _ ;

Sku
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 69
+Like : 4
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by AsukaKojima on 18/04/13, 11:16 am

LoLz I'm still learning Japanese but I'm also interested on learning French other that English I only know Tagalog(Filipino) :study:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AsukaKojima
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 62
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 18/04/13, 03:18 pm

Topaztan wrote:Omg, the list is in Alphabetical order as well. <3 Wow, imagine if we
could actually translate something into all of the above languages and
have it be accurate. It would be such an accomplishment. It's probably
unrealistic, though. Looking at that list is really amazing though,
speaking multiple languages is such a challenge and we just have a
collection of blooming linguists~.

Even those of us who can't speak multiple languages yet are at least learning & trying, and I respect you all for that.

omg, just realized I hit 100 posts. yay me.
Congrats! Welcome to the 100 posts+ club. It's pretty small at the moment. I bet people think I have no life, haha.

Yeah, I'm pedantic like that! It's technically a grammatical rule to make lists alphabetically (though not a major faux pas if it doesn't happen), but I just prefer to. I like putting things in order, and try to adhere to the alphabetical and numerical orders as best as I can. I scare people with how organised my books, CDs, games, music files, etc. are! As you can tell from my tone, I'm totally proud of myself, haha. ;P It's just easier to browse through things when you know they're in perfect order, IMO.

I've got to admit that Latin sounds a bit pointless to translate into, but every other language is worth a shot. I'm sure there are plenty of international gamers with only small grasps of Japanese and English. It would help them immensely. Again, I feel so lucky I understand English and Japanese. I hardly miss out on anything otome-related as a result. Maybe if I really wanted to overkill, I could learn Chinese to be able to understand their news sites without the aid of Google.

Recently, I've been trying to spread myself around in translation projects so as to share to love. It's got me involved in a debates over the economical impacts of translating/fansubbing, but all I'm going to say is that my translations do not encourage piracy.

Sku wrote:My main language is English.
Though I'm told that when I was 2 I
often meshed English, French, and Chinese in sentences. "婆婆 (pou pou),
sit here. Maintenant!" I was apparently a very demanding child.
I had a similar problem until Mum took me to see a speech pathologist. I'd mix English and Japanese- sometimes so badly that what I was saying made no sense in neither English nor Japanese. My first language is technically Japanese because my first word was "itai!" (Which means "ouch!") Still, I consider my native tongue to be English. I love English~

AsukaKojima wrote:LoLz I'm still learning Japanese but I'm also interested on learning French other that English I only know Tagalog(Filipino) :study:
Didn't know that such an emoticon exists! Anyway, I have to Tagalog to the list. I only thought Filipino people spoke Filipino. Didn't know that there were specifics within the language.

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by umi~ on 18/04/13, 03:30 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Anyway, I've been lurking on this topic for a while, and can I just say how AMAZED I am by the multilingualists here?! So here's a summary of the languages people revealed to be able to understand:

Arabic
Bulgarian
Chinese
English
German
Hindi
Italian
Japanese
Lao
Latin
Polish
Russian
Spanish
Turkish

you know what? It could happen!!! Personally, I don't know how to read Japanese but if you translated it in English, I could translate it in Turkish like other's would do in their own language!! ^-^

umi~
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 102
+Like : 11
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 18/04/13, 03:54 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Topaztan wrote:omg, just realized I hit 100 posts. yay me.
Congrats! Welcome to the 100 posts+ club. It's pretty small at the moment. I bet people think I have no life, haha.

I don't know how I hit 100 so fast, but yeah, Miss Top Poster. Though you did mention in some other thread you were on break or something... guess that explains it.
Laramie Castiel wrote: I scare people with how organised my books, CDs, games, music files, etc. are! As you can tell from my tone, I'm totally proud of myself, haha. ;P It's just easier to browse through things when you know they're in perfect order, IMO.

I'm the complete opposite, I really like when other people organize things for my confidence but I myself live in organized chaos, it really throws me off when I clean up or rearrange things/clutter. As you can probably tell by the structure of my half posts, my thoughts are pretty messy too lol. xD Otrganization is a really good skill to have, be proud.
Laramie Castiel wrote:I've got to admit that Latin sounds a bit pointless to translate into, but every other language is worth a shot. I'm sure there are plenty of international gamers with only small grasps of Japanese and English. It would help them immensely. Again, I feel so lucky I understand English and Japanese. I hardly miss out on anything otome-related as a result. Maybe if I really wanted to overkill, I could learn Chinese to be able to understand their news sites without the aid of Google.
this, really. OK, Latin would be sort of pointless but still cool just to say it exists. XD Chinese would be pretty hardcore, but of you're going to do overkill I'd say learn Korean because there are a couple of new Korean otome companies on the scene.
It's really unfortunate that so little gets translated, especially in the otome genre.
Laramie Castiel wrote:
I had a similar problem until Mum took me to see a speech pathologist. I'd mix English and Japanese- sometimes so badly that what I was saying made no sense in neither English nor Japanese. My first language is technically Japanese because my first word was "itai!" (Which means "ouch!") Still, I consider my native tongue to be English. I love English~

I never actually had the language problem with Arabic and English, my first word was Arabic ("Baba"/Grandfather) but my second word was English (Cooking) so I'm surpised I never had language mix-up problems. Guess I'm just lucky~.
umi~ wrote:you know what? It could happen!!! Personally, I don't know how to read Japanese but if you translated it in English, I could translate it in Turkish like other's would do in their own language!! ^-^
That's probably how it would have to work, Japanese to English seems like the biggest hurdle, but once there is an English script it becomes "easier" to translate. I use the word easier loosely. I mean, I don't think I could go directly from Japanese to Arabic or Arabic to Japanese. I guess it's possible but it's still a huge challenge.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 18/04/13, 07:46 pm

Topaztan wrote:I don't know how I hit 100 so fast, but yeah, Miss Top Poster. Though you did mention in some other thread you were on break or something... guess that explains it.
Haha, as of now I make up 24% of this site's posts! I'm going to start expecting royalties, soon. It's my antics that's pushing and scaring everyone away bringing the kids to yard! Or I could admit that I have no fucking life and this is totally sad. You're right, I'm currently on a two-week break. I've pretty much finished all of my assignments plus my friends are interstate for a week. So all I got is computer and games at home, brah~ I'll still post regularly, I think. Like I mentioned, I can't ignore the alerts. Also, I'm paranoid I make people feel ignored if I don't reply, haha.

Topaztan wrote:
umi~ wrote:you know what? It could happen!!! Personally, I don't know how to read Japanese but if you translated it in English, I could translate it in Turkish like other's would do in their own language!! ^-^
That's probably how it would have to work, Japanese to English seems like the biggest hurdle, but once there is an English script it becomes "easier" to translate. I use the word easier loosely. I mean, I don't think I could go directly from Japanese to Arabic or Arabic to Japanese. I guess it's possible but it's still a huge challenge.
I think that re-translating from the English to Japanese translation isn't a bad idea. Some languages would be tough, I'd imagine. Not to sound elitist/racist, but I would want the translators to at least have near-fluency ideally, especially if the VN delves into complicated subject matters that get mistranslated very easily.

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Finnista on 18/04/13, 08:09 pm

My first language is English. Trying to improve on my English orz because apparently in Singapore we have our own mash-up version of English.Its called Singlish. second language will be Malay.I grew up in a Malay family so most of my family converse to each other in Malay. well except my sister who converse with me in Singlish or English XD and I could understand and speak a little Indonesian and Chinese.Im Currently learning Japanese at the moment

Finnista
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 128
Awards :
Events :

http://yuumetogenjitsu.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 18/04/13, 08:13 pm

Singlish? I seriously learn something new everyday. I've never heard of it before! You know so many languages, hoho~

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sku on 18/04/13, 10:14 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:

Haha, wow. That's interesting. Was it because of the grammar differences? I think for the most part I use English grammar but words in other languages. xD

Sku
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 69
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 18/04/13, 11:10 pm

Nobody really knew why, but the speech pathologist speculated that because my mum talked to me in Japanese and my dad talked to me in English, I maybe just "rolled with it" and thought that it's okay to mix languages. Or that I didn't understand that they were two different languages. I was 3~4-years-old at the time, so...

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum