Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Katekyo Hitman REBORN!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Katekyo Hitman REBORN!

Post by Topaztan on 15/04/13, 04:38 pm

YES, YOU DO~ you can post here as you catch up and then I can giggle and remember way back when... xD

Awww thanks, I do try. Marshmallow Dependency Syndrome... -headdesk- I don't actually know if there is a special reason he likes them... .u.

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 729
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 15/04/13, 04:54 pm

Ah, so the marshmallow-love is Byaku-chan's "Moe point". IT WORKS FOR ME!

Too bad I'm already married (delusionary belief) to Dino. (///n_n///) Maybe Bel as well. Bigamy. Polygamy.

Anyway, if Hibari can get sick from cherry blossoms... poor guy. He'd die in a Japanese spring!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 1808
+Like : 141
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 15/04/13, 05:03 pm

I just realized that all of the bishounen in KHR do in-fact have valid 'Moe points'. Life changin' revelations over here, yo.

If you're married to Dino that makes you the wife of a Mafia boss, sounds eventful. Also, obligatory badass status by default.

I always thought the cherry blossom thing was a bit ironic considering how Hibari has the whole traditional Japanese thing going for him. (I mean, excluding the metal tonfas and such...)

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 15/04/13, 05:33 pm

Jeebus, maybe marrying Dino was a terrible idea. As for Hibari... it is, isn't? He will miss out on a few important ceremonies, too. He wouldn't miss the first day of school, but it the cherry blossoms would make it very hard.

Speaking of the Moe points... They do! OMG, dojikko Dino so MOOOOEEEE! *Explodes from either the moe or the shame of actually saying "so moe"*

What constitutes as "Moe" is debated, but from what I understand, the character has to be cute, innocent (read: virginal), quirky and young. That's just that dude's view, but it is pretty accurate, I think. Maybe for female characters? I wonder if the rules are different for male characters?

Let's take a few characters from Reborn and do the test (yes, I have a lot of free time):

Sawada Tsunayoshi:
Cute: YES.
Innocent: Arguably a YES, though maybe not so much later on. Almost certainly "pure".
Quirky: NO.
Young: YES.
Moe Point: Can't do anything; seems utterly defenceless and helpless. Uguu~ PROTECT! Much less so later on.
Moe Factor: 2.5/4
VERDICT: Not Moe!

Dino:
Cute: NO, because he's not in a shota/girly/loli way.
Innocent: NO. I can't speak for his... "purity" *giggles*, but I'm sure the mafia world ain't innocent.
Quirky:
Relatively normal, aside from his excessive clumsiness.
Moe Point: Dojikko!
Moe Factor: 1.5/4
VERDICT: Not Moe!

Reborn:
Innocent: NO.
Quirky: YES.
Moe Point: How he sleeps, maybe? His silly costumes?
Moe Factor: 3/4
VERDICT: Moe!

Miura Haru:
Innocent: YES.
Quirky: YES.
Moe Point: Her costumes and her manner of speech.
Moe Factor: 4/4
VERDICT: MAXIMUM MOE!

Well, well... there you have it. They may have their Moe points, but Reborn! is the only dude that seems to score high. Maybe that Fran kid and Mammon would be a "3" as well? Granted, if Reborn were scored as an adult, he would drop to a "2". The girls seem to be relatively Moe. /end useless research.

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by umi~ on 15/04/13, 08:14 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:I think I'll like Byakuran. I hear he's not nearly as nice as he looks! ;D
well...
*tries to keep her mouth shut for spoiler*
but he's aedfgsdgfsdhgdhh so >.>

Topaztan wrote:Nope, I've finished both too. :3 So, um I heard you like Byakuran... eh? Marshmallows, anyone? I'm not funny, sorry.

*-* cool
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
marshmallows ;A; -kawaii ne!!-
Byakkun and marshmallows just click together Laughing dududu
I KNOW!! MAYBE ONEDAY WHEN HE WAS LOOKING FOR HIS CHESS PIECES (cuz bad boys need chess pieces) HE COULDN'T FIND THEM AND FOUND MARSHMALLOWS INSTEAD AND THEN THEY BECAME BEST OF FRIENDS--- *silence*

umi~
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 102
+Like : 11
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiri on 16/04/13, 02:07 am

Topaztan wrote:I just realized that all of the bishounen in KHR do in-fact have valid 'Moe points'. Life changin' revelations over here, yo.

If you're married to Dino that makes you the wife of a Mafia boss, sounds eventful. Also, obligatory badass status by default.

I always thought the cherry blossom thing was a bit ironic considering how Hibari has the whole traditional Japanese thing going for him. (I mean, excluding the metal tonfas and such...)

Topaztan, you have Red as your sig, and I just...hnnngghhh :D Back on topic though I did think Tsuna was moe but considering the ranking I guess not huh? Since the art got better, he started looking more adorable compared to his

I hate to be a masochist but I eventually got used to Dino's haircut, I just, that man is added to my favorites list and he's just too sexy and adorable for his own good. XD There's also enough fanart to make me go gaga over him so...yeah. Fanart.

LOL The irony that his seiyuu sang a song titled with Sakura and he's pretty much featured for that song~

Yukiri
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 230
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://silverxserenade.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TakagouzawaHikari on 16/04/13, 09:22 am

I read the manga and watched the anime~ I was pretty satisfied with the story, but then again, I'm not the type to really analyze everything, ahaha~

As for favorite characters...everyone's hot, so can I have them all funny thing, I liked Mukuro at first, but after talking with a friend about some fanfiction ideas we had, the topic of discussion somehow became about Yamamoto and my OC getting together...ever since then, I've been head over heels for him<3

TakagouzawaHikari
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 60
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Velut Luna on 16/04/13, 09:49 am

Love this series, and at times I really can't believe that it's over. Like not seeing it in the front page anymore in the "NEW CHAPTER/UPDATED" section.

Anyways~
Favorite character is Chrome <3

When you walk away
You don't hear me say,
"Please, oh baby, don't go."
Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go

My Tumblr

Velut Luna
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 285
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://glitterberry.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 16/04/13, 10:25 am

Yukiri wrote:Back on topic though I did think Tsuna was moe but considering the
ranking I guess not huh? Since the art got better, he started looking
more adorable compared to his

I hate to be a masochist but I eventually got used to Dino's haircut, I
just, that man is added to my favorites list and he's just too sexy and
adorable for his own good. XD There's also enough fanart to make me go
gaga over him so...yeah. Fanart.

Amano-san's art as a whole is getting prettier and prettier as time goes by. I think that she "prettified" the characters too much- if nearly everyone in that world looked that good, I have to find a way to get there! :p The ranking system is "flawed" to say the least. Reborn's borderline-sadistic side should strip him of his "Moeness".

Dino... my gosh, that man... I will have to agree with you. Imagine if this magnificent specimen of man started teaching your English classes!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Okay, I ought to move on since I'm not acting my age and as awesome as Dino is, this is the KHR discussion thread, not the "go gaga over Dinonon" thread.

TakagouzawaHikari wrote:As for favorite characters...everyone's hot, so can I have them all
funny thing, I liked Mukuro at first, but after talking with a friend
about some fanfiction ideas we had, the topic of discussion somehow
became about Yamamoto and my OC getting together...ever since then, I've
been head over heels for him<3

I still like Mukuro, since I'm a pervert in the Diamond Faction and he is surely a Do-S I like his illusory techniques. Oh yes, and since he's quite the looker. I want to fix his hairstyle, but I'm trying me best not to sound shallow, here. Failing. Speaking of fan fiction, I always imagine Yamamoto to be haraguro and/or a bit yandere.

Velut Luna wrote:Anyways~

You know, a lot of people (I know of, at least) rip on Chrome, but I think they're wrong, and being unfair. I really like Chrome (I swear it's not just because of her pretty eyes). I think her devotion to Mukuro is totally understandable. She needs Mukuro to live, so of course she's going to be a bit dependent on him!

My otome media review blog, Purple Nurple Wonderland!

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by TakagouzawaHikari on 17/04/13, 03:24 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:
I still like Mukuro, since I'm a pervert in the Diamond Faction and he is surely a Do-S I like his illusory techniques. Oh yes, and since he's quite the looker. I want to fix his hairstyle, but I'm trying me best not to sound shallow, here. Failing. Speaking of fan fiction, I always imagine Yamamoto to be haraguro and/or a bit yandere.
Haha, it's not that I don't like Mukuro anymore, it's just that somehow Yamamoto snuck his way into my heart? XD I really liked how Mukuro defeated Viper so easily during the Varia arc, even though Viper's an Arcobaleno. His hairstyle...well, that's his trademark, so I'm alright with it XD Half of me is kind of attracted to the idea of yandere!Yamamoto, just because it sounds so plausible, but the other half is vehemently rejecting it and clinging onto the idea of the usual cheerful Yamamoto ><

TakagouzawaHikari
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 17/04/13, 03:51 am

I'm a huge fan of semisadistic!Reborn. Mukuro and Hibari are semi-sadistic too... let's not have me start on Belphegor. I also tend to make yandere!Enma. possesive!Yamamoto is pretty awesome too. I'm not butchering their characters, I promise, these headcanons are... believable!

Yukiri wrote:
Topaztan, you have Red as your sig, and I just...hnnngghhh

Haha. <3 (Jus' Topaz is fine, btw~)
As if I was gonna put anyone else but a super hot pokemon master there.

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Okay, I ought to move on since I'm not acting my age and as awesome as Dino is, this is the KHR discussion thread, not the "go gaga over Dinonon" thread.

Pfffft, I'm totally OK if we have a drooling over Dino subsection here. I'll vote in favor of it.

TakagouzawaHikari wrote:I read the manga and watched the anime~ I was
pretty satisfied with the story, but then again, I'm not the type to
really analyze everything, ahaha~

As for favorite characters...everyone's hot, so can I have them all

I tend to analyze a lot, whoops. Well, you don't have to analyze it to enjoy KHR. BTW Everyonehere x KHRbishies = OTP

Laramine Castiel wrote: You know, a lot of people (I know of, at least) rip on Chrome, but I think they're wrong, and being unfair. I really like Chrome (I swear it's not just because of her pretty eyes). I think her devotion to Mukuro is totally understandable. She needs Mukuro to live, so of course she's going to be a bit dependent on him!

YES. THIS. Okay, Chrome is a huge freakin' cutie-pie. Unfortunately girls in series with lots of cute boys are always disliked and unfairly judged. I actually like most the girls in KHR. Kyoko, Haru, I-pin, Bianchi, Lal Mirch, all fabulous. Chrome is extra fabulous, and even M.M. makes me lol. Actually, if anyone, I kind of dislike Adelheid. :I

(OMG, GUYS WHAT EVEN IS THIS POST, IT'S A MESS. IGNORE MY POOR ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS.)

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 17/04/13, 04:09 am

TakagouzawaHikari wrote:Haha, it's not that I don't like Mukuro anymore, it's just that somehow Yamamoto
snuck his way into my heart? XD I really liked how Mukuro defeated
Viper so easily during the Varia arc, even though Viper's an Arcobaleno.
His hairstyle...well, that's his trademark, so I'm alright with it XD
Half of me is kind of attracted to the idea of yandere!Yamamoto, just
because it sounds so plausible, but the other half is vehemently
rejecting it and clinging onto the idea of the usual cheerful Yamamoto
><
I totally understand you, Takagouzawa-san! It's not Yamamoto's fault that he is so awesome and has a heart-killing smile. I could go on and on about why he rocks, but I won't... for now.

I initially had mixed feelings about how Mukuro curb-stomped Viper, because I like the Varia and Mammon. However, it was important that he did so because I'm sure a ton of readers at the time thought he sucked because he's the first major villain to lose to Tsuna. I certainly remember thinking, "I thought he was one of those typical "first boss" types of villains, but maybe he isn't, after all."

As for Muku-chan's hair, let's just say one of my favourite colours is blue and leave it at that. I like pineapples...

Well, here's quick fix for your Yamamoto characterisation dilemma:
Make Yamamoto have Borderline personality disorder. Then he can truly be both. Added bonus for using a real mental condition! *Thumbs up*

Topaztan wrote:I'm a huge fan of semisadistic!Reborn. Mukuro and Hibari are
semi-sadistic too... let's not have me start on Belphegor. I also tend
to make yandere!Enma. possesive!Yamamoto is pretty awesome too. I'm not butchering their characters, I promise, these headcanons are... believable
Berurun is... "interesting", to say the least. Underage and interesting. LOL, I kid, but I was serious about him being interesting. Especially in Japanese fan fiction. They love hamming that kid up. On one hand, I'm proud of husband #2 Bel, but on the other, I feel sorry for his victims (read: Tsuna or Mammon).

Topaztan wrote:Pfffft, I'm totally OK if we have a drooling over Dino subsection here. I'll vote in favor of it.
MY DREAMS... THEY'RE COMING TRUE! Hnnnggg~ It's hard to share Dinonon when I've deluded myself into believing we're married... but I'll allow it! Laramie, stop it, you're a freak.

Topaztan wrote:I tend to analyze a lot, whoops. Well, you don't have to analyze it to enjoy KHR. BTW Everyonehere x KHRbishies = OTP
I do too, but I also enjoy mindless drooling over the bishies, or should I rephrase, our totally canon and true OTPs! B-but what happens if Topaztan x Dino and Laramie x Dino are BOTH OTPs?! Will that odd book on how to make threesome relationships work that I got ages ago come in handy?!

Topaztan wrote:YES. THIS. Okay, Chrome is a huge
freakin' cutie-pie. Unfortunately girls in series with lots of cute boys
are always disliked and unfairly judged.
I actually like most
the girls in KHR. Kyoko, Haru, I-pin, Bianchi, Lal Mirch, all fabulous.
Chrome is extra fabulous, and even M.M. makes me lol. Actually, if
anyone, I kind of dislike Adelheid. :I

(OMG, GUYS WHAT EVEN IS THIS POST, IT'S A MESS. IGNORE MY POOR ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS.)
THIS AS WELL, BRAH. I don't have a problem with any of the girls I've seen in Reborn so far, too. The fangirls are just jealous and/or feel that their TOTALLY CANON BL ships are being threatened. You know, I don't kill Tsuna Enzio Hibari the whip can stay Romario in my fics just because I want Dino to myself. Wait a minute, I don't write Reborn fics!

Don't worry about your post, pardner! It's readable, and that's what counts. Going to the trouble of quoting so we all know who's chattin' to whom... it's important to have that consideration when more than two people are chatting at the same time! We have totally dominated that Diabolik Lovers thread though, LOL.

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 17/04/13, 06:46 am

TakagouzawaHikari wrote:Haha, it's not that I don't like Mukuro anymore, it's just that somehow Yamamoto
snuck his way into my heart? XD [...] Half of me is kind of attracted to the idea of yandere!Yamamoto, just
because it sounds so plausible, but the other half is vehemently rejecting it and clinging onto the idea of the usual cheerful Yamamoto ><
Laramie Castiel wrote:I totally understand you, Takagouzawa-san! It's not Yamamoto's fault that he is so awesome and has a heart-killing smile. I could go on and on about why he rocks, but I won't... for now. [..]
Make Yamamoto have Borderline personality disorder. Then he can truly be both. Added bonus for using a real mental condition! *Thumbs up*

At first Yamamoto kinda came off as a typical sports baka, but I grew to adore his goofy smile as well~ ... and so did BPD!Yamamoto. This is my new headcanon~.
(Remember Children: Metal disorders are not accessories~ handle responsibly.)

Laramie Castiel wrote: Berurun is... "interesting", to say the least. Underage and interesting. LOL, I kid, but I was serious about him being interesting. Especially in Japanese fan fiction. They love hamming that kid up. On one hand, I'm proud of husband #2 Bel, but on the other, I feel sorry for his victims (read: Tsuna or Mammon).

Under-- pfft. Just add ten years time and all the characters are suddenly legal. And the object of my implications affections. xD Victims... well, there is that certain froggy named Fran... (I forgot what I was saying here, I was halfway through and then I got distracted by the other seven conversations we have happening. OOPS.)

Laramie Castiel wrote: Hnnnggg~ It's hard to share Dinonon when I've deluded myself into believing we're married... but I'll allow it! Laramie, stop it, you're a freak.

Laramie, never change.

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Topaztan wrote:I tend to analyze a lot, whoops. Well, you don't have to analyze it to enjoy KHR. BTW Everyonehere x KHRbishies = OTP

I do too, but I also enjoy mindless drooling over the bishies, or should I rephrase, our totally canon and true OTPs! B-but what happens if Topaztan x Dino and Laramie x Dino are BOTH OTPs?! Will that odd book on how to make threesome relationships work that I got ages ago come in handy?!

What kind of literature do you have in your library, you know what, don't answer. *kicks doujin collection into the closet* Though, if they are both OTPs and it's a threesome... doesn't that make the OTP Laramie x Dino x Topaz? Oh, the mechanics of shipping. xD

Laramie Castiel wrote:I don't have a problem with any of the girls I've seen in Reborn so far, too. The fangirls are just jealous and/or feel that their TOTALLY CANON BL ships are being threatened. You know, I don't kill Tsuna Enzio Hibari the whip can stay Romario in my fics just because I want Dino to myself. Wait a minute, I don't write Reborn fics!

... PFFFFFFFFFFFT ENZIO. Ahem, I think fangirls just have to realize if their "TOTALLY CANON" BL ship really was canon that the girls would automatically forget any crush they had on the respective boys and support the slash. Duh.

Going to the trouble of quoting so we all know who's chattin' to whom... it's important to have that consideration when more than two people are chatting at the same time! We have totally dominated that Diabolik Lovers thread though, LOL.

We have totally dominated like half of the active threads. Oops. We also derailed the DL thread, but at least it didn't die. xD

In other news, this thread has become all shiny with a star because we are shameless fangirls. Yaaaay~

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiri on 17/04/13, 07:04 am

Topaztan wrote:

Haha. <3 (Jus' Topaz is fine, btw~)
As if I was gonna put anyone else but a super hot pokemon master there.

Awwww yeaaaahh sexy pokemon masta ftw.

Topaztan wrote:
Laramie Castiel wrote:

Pfffft, I'm totally OK if we have a drooling over Dino subsection here. I'll vote in favor of it.

I tend to analyze a lot, whoops. Well, you don't have to analyze it to enjoy KHR. BTW Everyonehere x KHRbishies = OTP

OMG THIS IDEA SHOULD BE GIVEN A GOLD STAR Star Pink OR A BLUE ONE LOL

Topaztan wrote:
Laramine Castiel wrote: You know, a lot of people (I know of, at least) rip on Chrome, but I think they're wrong, and being unfair. I really like Chrome (I swear it's not just because of her pretty eyes). I think her devotion to Mukuro is totally understandable. She needs Mukuro to live, so of course she's going to be a bit dependent on him!

YES. THIS. Okay, Chrome is a huge freakin' cutie-pie. Unfortunately girls in series with lots of cute boys are always disliked and unfairly judged. I actually like most the girls in KHR. Kyoko, Haru, I-pin, Bianchi, Lal Mirch, all fabulous. Chrome is extra fabulous, and even M.M. makes me lol. Actually, if anyone, I kind of dislike Adelheid. :I

I saw pictures of Adelheid and I just giggle at that chest of hers that defies gravity while wearing shirts, and whatever she was wearing. XD

Yukiri
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 17/04/13, 08:57 am

Yukiri wrote:
Topaztan wrote:
Laramie Castiel wrote:

OMG THIS IDEA SHOULD BE GIVEN A GOLD STAR :star: OR A BLUE ONE LOL

YEAH. BLUE STAR'D. I try.

Enma, the Simon Family, Adelheid... all that good stuff is manga only. So some people don't know but I mean how could they not animate him, ommmgggg, his face is precious. TT____TT AHEM. But yeah, I can't really say why I dislike Adelheid w/o spoilers so...

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 17/04/13, 06:44 pm

Topaztan wrote:At first Yamamoto kinda came off as a typical sports baka, but I grew to
adore his goofy smile as well~ ... and so did BPD!Yamamoto. This is my
new headcanon~
. (Remember Children: Metal disorders are not accessories~ handle responsibly.
The only canon that counts, lolz. Speaking of mental disorders not being accessories, it may be worth noting that when I review fan fiction, I'm relatively serious about it and do tell the author off for shoehorning in serious conditions because of lazy writing. Rape is a good example. Hmm, how can I make people feel sorry for my protagonist... *Gasp* I know! Get him her raped!

Under-- pfft. Just add ten years time and all the characters are suddenly legal. And the object of my implications
affections. xD Victims... well, there is that certain froggy named
Fran... (I forgot what I was saying here, I was halfway through and then
I got distracted by the other seven conversations we have happening. OOPS.)
Maybe Amano-san is a true marketing genius- or at least- her team members are. Old farts like me won't feel so crap if they imagine/ship themselves their OCs with the under-18 characters (LOL half the cast) because of the 10-years-later thing. Case in point: Lambo even gets a 20-year canonical boost, even though it was a brief occurrence. LOL, 15 is still underage, yo, we need some way to add 20 years. DONE! Ah, I've heard a LOT about Fran without having yet encountered him. His fan girls are fucking (excuse my potty mouth, if it offends you, I apologise and I won't swear again) scary.

LOL, sometimes it's like we're the only members on Otome Hearts. I love it, though! I enjoy our conversations very much.

Laramie, never change.
*Cries* Acceptance! It is beautiful. Thanks, Topaz... *Blushes* OMG, I didn't use an honorific... *Doki doki*

What kind of literature do you have in your library, you know what, don't answer. *kicks doujin collection into the closet*
Though, if they are both OTPs and it's a threesome... doesn't that make
the OTP Laramie x Dino x Topaz? Oh, the mechanics of shipping. xD
You told me not to answer the question, but I will, since it's not a very NSFW answer. I'm not much of a novel reader. I like true crime, so I have a lot of criminology, serial killer bios, war crime history, etc. I also have some mainstream literature titles like The Phantom of the Opera and Pride and Prejudice. Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, too.

I don't own any manga doujins (read plenty online), but I do own some Katekyo Hitman Reborn doujin dating games * :oops: and nearly cries in embarrassment*. Am happy to share them! Srsly, this is the only forum where I feel somewhat comfortable in revealing my otome-ge habits. Everyone is so accepting here. I love Otome Hearts! Otome Hearts x Laramie Castiel.

Wow, it would! Dino x Topaz x Me. Dream come true! Could ditch Dino and just marry you in Vegas. I mean, you'd be way more accepting of my otome-ge hobbies. If you say "no"... Look at my faction and cower!

... PFFFFFFFFFFFT ENZIO. Ahem, I think fangirls
just have to realize if their "TOTALLY CANON" BL ship really was canon
that the girls would automatically forget any crush they had on the
respective boys and support the slash. Duh.

We have totally dominated like half of the active threads. Oops. We also derailed the DL thread, but at least it didn't die. xD

In other news, this thread has become all shiny with a star because we are shameless fangirls. Yaaaay~

Enzio was is one of my biggest enemies when it comes to Dino and me. Have you seen how much Dino loves that tortoise?! It's a canon OTP waiting to happen. Th-that's why I... I... *Calls lawyer*

It's not our fault that a), our conversations are more amusing than the topics themselves, and b), the subject of the topic tends to not have enough to talk about until next releases.

Star Pink Star Pink Star Pink Star Pink WE HAVE DONE IT! Star Pink Star Pink Star Pink Star Pink

As for spoilers, everyone, please don't mind me. There are spoiler tags under the "Others" section of the "Post a reply" page.

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiri on 17/04/13, 07:44 pm

Topaztan wrote:
Enma, the Simon Family, Adelheid... all that good stuff is manga
only. So some people don't know but I mean how could they not animate
him, ommmgggg, his face is precious. TT____TT AHEM. But yeah, I can't really say why I dislike Adelheid w/o spoilers so...

I have no issues waiting :D after all I did mention I hadn't finished yet

Laramie Castiel wrote:
The only canon that counts, lolz.
Speaking of mental disorders not being accessories, it may be worth
noting that when I review fan fiction, I'm relatively serious about it
and do tell the author off for shoehorning in serious conditions because
of lazy writing. Rape is a good example. Hmm, how can I make people
feel sorry for my protagonist... *Gasp* I know! Get him her raped!

Ya know, in any fandom, I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE ABSOLUTE S#%! OF THIS IN FANFICTION. I don't know what it is, but it's almost always like an excuse to get the character they wanna ship with their reader/oc/character to go OOC. I had some very bad experiences with this when searching in Quizilla for fanfiction, and well I'm never going back. e____e I'm not saying this can't be used correctly to corroborate with the character's emotions or issues, but when it's just used as a card for them to get into a otttpppp it makes my blood boil. I don't know why either but I got an actual idea out of this...XD

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Maybe Amano-san is a true marketing genius- or at least- her team
members are. Old farts like me won't feel so crap if they imagine/ship themselves
their OCs with the under-18 characters (LOL half the cast) because of
the 10-years-later thing. Case in point: Lambo even gets a 20-year canonical boost, even though it was a brief occurrence. LOL, 15 is still underage, yo, we need some way to add 20 years. DONE! Ah, I've heard a LOT about Fran without having yet encountered him. His fan girls are fucking (excuse my potty mouth, if it offends you, I apologise and I won't swear again) scary.

Seriously, I barely even considered Tsuna or Xanxus an option until I saw their TYL! forms. Xanxus was still too much of a punk, and Tsuna was adorable but that was it.
Spoiler:
I still don't tread shota so my eyes bugged out when I saw Fuuta, but he still had his baby face so I didn't go all gaga on him
I have yet to encounter a crazy Fran fan though, which is a good thing I guess? I always thought of him as a good sidekick though.

Last edited by Yukiri on 17/04/13, 08:06 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : My terrible mistakes with coding)

Yukiri
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 17/04/13, 11:16 pm

Yukiri wrote:Ya know, in any fandom, I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE ABSOLUTE S#%!
OF THIS IN FANFICTION. I don't know what it is, but it's almost always
like an excuse to get the character they wanna ship with their
reader/oc/character to go OOC. I had some very bad experiences with this
when searching in Quizilla for fanfiction, and well I'm never going
back. e____e I'm not saying this can't be used correctly to corroborate
with the character's emotions or issues, but when it's just used as a
card for them to get into a otttpppp it makes my blood boil. I don't
know why either but I got an actual idea out of this...XD
Feel free to swear, I don't mind it! Quizilla is terrible for fan fiction, but you live and learn. -__- I haven't been back there since, as well. Scarred for life!

You know, like you hint at based on your negative view on OOC, I just don't get it as well. For example, how would XANXUS be XANXUS if he goes all deredere and turns into this total onii-san-like love interest. You're using his name and appearance, but that's not XANXUS. It's a real shame that a lot of authors think that copying their catch phrase, using their name and appearance = end of canon characterisation. Granted, nobody has any real idea how XANXUS would act in a romantic situation, but consideration should be taken to his canon personality to dictate that my above example is pretty much OOC and unlikely.

Srsly, I actually read a fic where Bel called this OC "his princess". I can't repress that mental wound no matter how much I try.

This goes for using domestic violence, neglective parents, bullying, etc. tastelessly in order to win woobie points to win over the canon dude. That can't even be classified as "real love" to begin with, since dating somebody because you feel sorry for them isn't a good start.

Speaking of crazy fans, KHR fangirls (the ones that are actually loony and put me to shame) are scary as. Some Japanese fans are irredeemable, and can't be approached without weaponry.

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukiri on 18/04/13, 12:22 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:
Feel free to swear, I don't mind it! Quizilla is terrible for fan fiction, but you live and learn. -__- I haven't been back there since, as well. Scarred for life!

You know, like you hint at based on your negative view on OOC, I just don't get it as well. For example, how would XANXUS be XANXUS if he goes all deredere and turns into this total onii-san-like love interest. You're using his name and appearance, but that's not XANXUS. It's a real shame that a lot of authors think that copying their catch phrase, using their name and appearance = end of canon characterisation. Granted, nobody has any real idea how XANXUS would act in a romantic situation, but consideration should be taken to his canon personality to dictate that my above example is pretty much OOC and unlikely.

Srsly, I actually read a fic where Bel called this OC "his princess". I can't repress that mental wound no matter how much I try.

This goes for using domestic violence, neglective parents, bullying, etc. tastelessly in order to win woobie points to win over the canon dude. That can't even be classified as "real love" to begin with, since dating somebody because you feel sorry for them isn't a good start.

Speaking of crazy fans, KHR fangirls (the ones that are actually loony and put me to shame) are scary as. Some Japanese fans are irredeemable, and can't be approached without weaponry.

OMG THIS. ALL OF THIS. 8|||||| AND FUCK YES I GET TO SWEAR. Hope I don't offend anyone else though! Quizilla has it seriously dark[by that I mean bad] parts of fanfiction I won't even get into that. XD

Sadly, I think fanfiction authors are so easy to warm up to catch phrases and simple quirks and KHR admittedly has lots of those. Jesus the catch phrases, -facewall- and it really affects the dynamic between the characters because then the fanfiction author's don't think when they write and the character's reactions would just fall flatter than a cardboard cutout of a celebrity. When you add the OOC everything dies in that regard. That example is perfect, because I don't think anyone can really see Xanxus getting all caring and brotherly towards anyone!

Spoiler:
Sure he calms down a little (?) in the future arc, and is shown to have more loyalty to the Vongola, but it doesn't mean he'll stop hurting Squalo for being a loud pain in the ass and give him a hug and bake him cookies.

I've seen some of the Bel fics with him using princess too, and idk how to feel about that. I don't mind "peasant" because I'm sure that's how he thinks of everyone else, but princess is kind of a stretch and it depends on how they wired that into the fic. I don't read many Bel fics though because he's just not my type.

I can't even tell you how many times bullying and all that shnaz, daddy abused me issues was put in and you suddenly see the male character turn into a white knight and carry the girl off to the sunset screaming, "I SHALL PROTECT YOU~." Okay all of that was wrong in grammar, but I agree while those are real issues in our world using it as a ticket to get your bishie is a fail.

Honestly, I think I'm surrounded by more normal people than I think. The KHR fans I know aren't THAT eccentric or scary about it at all. [Specially you guys] I don't get around much so I guess I should be glad I'm kind of sheltered...XD

Yukiri
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 18/04/13, 02:08 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:Speaking of mental disorders not being accessories, it may be worth noting that when I review fan fiction, I'm relatively serious about it and do tell the author off for shoehorning in serious conditions because of lazy writing. Rape is a good example. Hmm, how can I make people feel sorry for my protagonist... *Gasp* I know! Get him her raped! [...]Quizilla is terrible for fan fiction, but you live and learn. -__- I
haven't been back there since, as well. Scarred for life! [...] This
goes for using domestic violence, neglective parents, bullying,
etc. tastelessly in order to win woobie points to win over the canon
dude. That can't even be classified as "real love" to begin with, since
dating somebody because you feel sorry for them isn't a good start.
Yukiri wrote: Ya know, in any fandom, I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE ABSOLUTE S#%!
OF THIS IN FANFICTION. I don't know what it is, but it's almost always
like an excuse to get the character they wanna ship with their
reader/oc/character to go OOC. I had some very bad experiences with this
when searching in Quizilla for fanfiction, and well I'm never going
back. e____e I'm not saying this can't be used correctly to corroborate
with the character's emotions or issues, but when it's just used as a
card for them to get into a otttpppp it makes my blood boil. I don't
know why either but I got an actual idea out of this...XD [...] Quizilla has it seriously dark[by that I
mean bad] parts of fanfiction I won't even get into that. XD
Oh God Quizilla. I just. Ugggggggggggh. *Bashes head into desk repeatedly* Ugh, no. Bad author, bad! Quizilla just fucking ruins everything, all the rules broken into pieces, grammar thrown out the window, I just... x_x

Touchy subjects are hardly ever done well, or rather correctly, I can't think of one example. (Well, I can think of a few dark!fics that handled it OK...) Especially by amateur writers, even professionals have a hard time with touchy topics like sexual abuse. Actually I don't want to get to into this topic, this isn't the thread, but I think THIS article hits the mark pretty well, it's originally written to help OC authors create tragic backstories but even if you don't write it's worth the read. I like analyzing media a little too much. Ehehe...
Laramie Castiel wrote: Srsly, I actually read a fic where Bel called this OC "his
princess". I can't repress that mental wound no matter how much I try.
Yukiri wrote:I've seen some of the Bel fics with him using princess too, and idk
how to feel about that. I don't mind "peasant" because I'm sure that's
how he thinks of everyone else, but princess is kind of a stretch and it
depends on how they wired that into the fic. I don't read many Bel fics
though because he's just not my type.
This actually happens a lot in fics with Bel, another common nickname is "peasant" Bel get off Tumblr! but I've read a few where "princess" is done in a context that is condescending, and that actually suits his character so much more IMO. I read all the Bel fics. he kinda is my type~.

I agree with everything you two have said about OOC stuff and writing. Now, because we all need some GOOD fanfiction in our lives, I wish to direct you to the KHR section of Lunaescence. Which is only the best English speaking FF site out there. KHR also happens to be the most popular category. 98% of the fics archived there are reader-inserts, though I'm assuming you guys are totally OK with self-shipping at this point. LOL.
Laramie Castiel wrote:Ah, I've heard a LOT about Fran without having yet encountered him. His fan girls are fucking (excuse my potty mouth, if it offends you, I apologise and I won't swear again) scary.
Yukiri wrote: I have yet to encounter a crazy Fran fan though, which is a
good thing I guess? I always thought of him as a good sidekick
though. [...] AND FUCK YES I GET TO SWEAR.

YOUR POTTY MOUTH DOESN'T FUCKING OFFEND ME, DO I LOOK LIKE I GIVE A SHI--. *Ahem* I'm not sure what the forum rules are, but I guess if we keep it to a minimum I'd say it's acceptable. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any Fran-Fangirls either, so... if Fran is the side kick does that make Bel the superhero? *shot* I'm sure once you get to Fran he'll give you a couple of laughs.
Laramie Castiel wrote:Speaking of crazy fans, KHR fangirls (the ones that are actually loony
and put me to shame) are scary as. Some Japanese fans are irredeemable,
and can't be approached without weaponry.
Yukiri wrote:Honestly, I think I'm surrounded by more normal people than I think.
The KHR fans I know aren't THAT eccentric or scary about it at all.
[Specially you guys] I don't get around much so I guess I should be glad
I'm kind of sheltered...XD

I bet all the crazy ones are the 6927 shippers and the Xanxus/Squalo shippers.

WOWOWOWOWOW, All this quoting is getting ridiculous, I'm sorry this is getting stupid, sorry. Dx
Yukiri wrote:
Spoiler:
I still don't tread shota so my eyes bugged out when I saw
Fuuta, but he still had his baby face so I didn't go all gaga on
him
LOL, my reaction was the same. xD; I actually like him better when he is younger, I mean he's just so much cuter. But, not like that, like, little brother cute.
Laramie Castiel wrote:LOL, sometimes it's like we're the only members on Otome Hearts. I love it, though! I enjoy our conversations very much.
Well, if the "Top posting users" list is any hint... haha. But I do enjoy our TL;DR conversations as well. We've discussed so much already, but there is still so many more things to talk about!
Laramie Castiel wrote:
Topaztan wrote:Laramie, never change.
*Cries* Acceptance! It is beautiful. Thanks, Topaz... *Blushes* OMG, I didn't use an honorific... *Doki doki*
Of course I'd accept you for who you are, b-baka! E-eh... what's that look for? *blush*

Laramie Castiel wrote:I'm not much of a novel reader. I like true crime, so I have a lot of criminology, serial killer bios, war crime history, etc. I also have some mainstream literature titles like The Phantom of the Opera and Pride and Prejudice. Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, too.

I don't own any manga doujins (read plenty online), but I do own some Katekyo Hitman Reborn doujin dating games * :oops: and nearly cries in embarrassment*. Am happy to share them!
Srsly, this is the only forum where I feel somewhat comfortable in
revealing my otome-ge habits. Everyone is so accepting here. I love
Otome Hearts! Otome Hearts x Laramie Castiel.

Good taste. I'm not a huge LotR fan, but Harry Potter is pretty good. I'm big into psychology and law related subjects. This is why I have such a hard time choosing a career path... lllOTL I rarely ever buy physical copies of books but I've got a small collection of Trixie Belden books and miscellaneous mangas and magazines. I can say that I own everything in the Death Note series though~.

Doujin dating games, this is the first time I have heard of such a thing. I think it is relevent to my interests to hear more if you don't mind though. I love OH, too. It's the only forum site I care to respond on. Ffft, or more like the only site I care to respond on. What was Facebook, again? How did this become such an awesome community in the span of like four days?! I ship it.

Laramie Castiel wrote:Wow, it would! Dino x Topaz x Me. Dream come true! Could ditch Dino and just marry you in Vegas. I mean, you'd be way more accepting of my otome-ge hobbies. If you say "no"... Look at my faction and cower!

I did say I own everything from Death Note, didn't I? Good thing we're both in agreement here, right... ? RIGHT!? I think I'm having "-dere" whiplash.

Laramie Castiel wrote::star: :star: :star: :star: WE HAVE DONE IT! :star: :star: :star: :star:

... I just like stars. :> I'm not even sorry for the TL;DR

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 18/04/13, 06:21 pm

Topaztan wrote:Touchy subjects are hardly ever done well, or rather correctly, I
can't think of one example. (Well, I can think of a few dark!fics that
handled it OK...) Especially by amateur writers, even professionals have
a hard time with touchy topics like sexual abuse. Actually I don't want
to get to into this topic, this isn't the thread, but I think THIS
article hits the mark pretty well, it's originally written to help OC
authors create tragic backstories but even if you don't write it's worth
the read. I like analyzing media a little too much. Ehehe..
Thanks for that article! I really liked it! xD That nekomimi One Piece (I think, it looked that way) OC nearly killed me. It hit the hammer on the nail so hard it's not funny. I agree that sexual topics should be avoided, but not taboo. If you put your heart and soul into the research and get it checked by a Beta-reader- then and only then- should you post it on the net. Be accepting of critique and be prepared for backlash! I can't stand it when authors nip back at me for my constructive criticism. I know they're young, but age is not an excuse to not try and rise up from mediocrity. Don't worry, I like analysing media myself. Especially those that use established mental conditions. I like to check for veracity. Let me tell you this: Dexter Morgan is NOT a sociopath. Even so, I like the books.

Topaztan wrote:This actually happens a lot in fics with Bel, another common nickname is "peasant" Bel get off Tumblr! but I've read a few where "princess" is done in a context that is condescending, and that actually suits his character so much more IMO. I read all the Bel fics. he kinda is my type~.

I agree with everything you two have said about OOC stuff and writing. Now, because we all need some GOOD fanfiction in our lives, I wish to direct you to the KHR section of Lunaescence. Which is only the best English speaking FF site out there.
KHR also happens to be the most popular category. 98% of the fics
archived there are reader-inserts, though I'm assuming you guys are
totally OK with self-shipping at this point. LOL
Haha, if that's the case, then that's a very interesting subversion. A condescending "my princess" suits Bel so much it's scary. And awesome. I've heard of Lunaescence, but never actually took the time to visit there properly. I don't mind reader-inserts as long as they're not using it (especially in second-person perspective) as an excuse to make shallow characters and/or live vicariously through their fic supposedly "for everyone".

Topaztan wrote:I bet all the crazy ones are the 6927 shippers and the Xanxus/Squalo shippers.

WOWOWOWOWOW, All this quoting is getting ridiculous, I'm sorry this is getting stupid, sorry. D
OMG, you're right! Especially on Pixiv. Way too much XANXUS/Squallo! At least they somewhat get their characters more accurate than their Western counterparts, though.

Don't worry about the quotes and long posts, I love them!

Topaztan wrote:Well, if the "Top posting users" list is any hint... haha. But I do enjoy our TL;DR conversations as well. We've discussed so much already, but there is still so many more things to talk about!
It's true!

Topaztan wrote:I'm not a huge LotR fan, but Harry Potter is pretty good. I'm big into
psychology and law related subjects. This is why I have such a hard time
choosing a career path... lllOTL I rarely ever buy physical copies of
books but I've got a small collection of Trixie Belden books and
miscellaneous mangas and magazines. I can say that I own everything in the Death Note series though~.

Doujin
dating games, this is the first time I have heard of such a thing. I
think it is relevent to my interests to hear more if you don't mind
though. I love OH, too. It's the only forum site I care to respond on.
Ffft, or more like the only site I care to respond on. What was Facebook, again? How did this become such an awesome community in the span of like four days?! I ship it.
I just am consistently amazed by how talented J. R. R. Tolkien is. Wow, we're so alike that I'm getting a bit scared, now! ;P I had a lot of trouble picking a study path. It's only at 22 I was finally satisfied with studying veterinary nursing (and hopefully moving up from there), but before then, I studied counselling, addiction therapy and psychology. It's better to know what you want, but don't be afraid of dabbling to know which stuff to rule out. About buying books, it's rare for me, too. It's rare for me to READ full stop- excluding course studies. I love magazines, though.

No worries. I'll list the ones I know of here. If you want any of them, I can "hook you up", haha. Some of them are very hard to come by due to doujin groups closing. You can be satisfied by the veracity of the VNDb entries, since I made them, heehee. I love adding stuff to VNDb.

* ALTOR (BL)
* Doki Doki c Summer Time!
* Doki Doki☆Halloween Night!
* Doki Doki v Alice Panic!
* Heartbeat Bullet (Dating sim)
* Kimi wa Pet.
* Sweet Lesson

Sadly, I've only completed Sweet Lesson (which was okay; about a 5~6/10), so I can't verify how good/bad the others are. ALTOR has gorgeous art! (。♥‿♥。) I'm going to play them for the novelty, and if they turn out to be good... All the power to me!

I totally agree- how did this forum become so amazing in four days?! Thanks to us, of course. I'm sure people are lurking our posts, wishing they were as bitchin' as us. <= Deluded.

Topaztan wrote:I did say I own everything from Death Note, didn't I? Good thing we're both in agreement here, right... ? RIGHT!? I think I'm having "-dere" whiplash.
LOL, fangirl alerrrrt! *Sirens* O-of course I agree... I-I'm scared of cages... Crying

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by TakagouzawaHikari on 19/04/13, 03:29 am

Laramie Castiel wrote:

Finally answering, cuz I got busy DX That actually sounds awesome! Sadly, my friend and I (we created our story together) are really lacking motivation to actually write our fanfic, so it's just our little fantasy now >< Thanks for the suggestion though! :D

TakagouzawaHikari
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by hanna18 on 19/04/13, 07:09 am

I Like Anime >///<

hanna18
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 44
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Topaztan on 19/04/13, 05:31 pm

Laramie Castiel wrote:Thanks for that article! I really liked it! xD That nekomimi One Piece (I think, it looked that way) OC nearly killed me. It hit the hammer on the nail so hard it's not funny. I agree that sexual topics should be avoided, but not taboo. If you put your heart and soul into the research and get it checked by a Beta-reader- then and only then- should you post it on the net. Be accepting of critique and be prepared for backlash! I can't stand it when authors nip back at me for my constructive criticism. I know they're young, but age is not an excuse to not try and rise up from mediocrity. Don't worry, I like analysing media myself. Especially those that use established mental conditions. I like to check for veracity. Let me tell you this: Dexter Morgan is NOT a sociopath. Even so, I like the books.

You mean Uzumaki D. Jesike Frankie Yusu, yeah she's pretty amazing! xD (One Piece is correct, btw.) That whole bog is actually really good and the mod, Yusu really knows her stuff even if she is super opinionated. Two really good points she brought up, were "real corsets are impractical and uncomfortable" b) "being covered in blood is gross and uncomfortable." Maybe it's just because I like to criticize things, but I like knowing other people's opinions on my work as well.

"Age is not an excuse to not try and rise up from mediocrity" I am quoting you on this forever now. Something I like a lot is character flaws , that's probably why I find psychology so interesting as well. But flaws don't just make things realistic, they make them interesting and memorable. You're a Dexter fan too? Let me love youuuu! I'm just going to agree with you because we could probably take up an entire thread just talking about Dexter Morgan himself.
Laramie Castiel wrote:I've heard of Lunaescence, but never actually took the time to visit there properly. I don't mind reader-inserts as long as they're not using it (especially in second-person perspective) as an excuse to make shallow characters and/or live vicariously through their fic supposedly "for everyone".
That's only the Hetalia fandom and DeviantART. I'm going to get in so much trouble for my jokes one day. xD; I can say that MOST of the fanfiction on Luna isn't like that. Obviously, I haven't read everything on the site, so I can't be 100% certain, but if the story is a self-insert, it will be labeled that there so you know what you are reading. More often that not, especially with longer fics, Reader-tan gets actual characterization and is treated like a regular character. Which is why I love Lunaescence so much. It leaves me wondering why more otome protagonists aren't like that.
Laramie Castiel wrote:I just am consistently amazed by how talented J. R. R. Tolkien is. Wow, we're so alike that I'm getting a bit scared, now! ;P I had a lot of trouble picking a study path. It's only at 22 I was finally satisfied with studying veterinary nursing (and hopefully moving up from there), but before then, I studied counselling, addiction therapy and psychology. It's better to know what you want, but don't be afraid of dabbling to know which stuff to rule out. About buying books, it's rare for me, too. It's rare for me to READ full stop- excluding course studies. I love magazines, though.
I've even been amazed by Tolkien at points, without having read any of his works. I really should, but it just... I used to be a huge reader, and now I'm more like "I like books. Books are cool." Unless it's an online article or a Visual novel, I can't say I do much traditional reading. I like magazines too because they're a lot quicker to get through and you don't get emotionally invested and critical about magazine articles, Lol.

Laramie Castiel wrote:No worries. I'll list the ones I know of here. If you want any of them, I can "hook you up", haha. Some of them are very hard to come by due to doujin groups closing. You can be satisfied by the veracity of the VNDb entries, since I made them, heehee. I love adding stuff to VNDb.

Sadly, I've only completed Sweet Lesson (which was okay; about a 5~6/10), so I can't verify how good/bad the others are. ALTOR has gorgeous art! (。♥‿♥。) I'm going to play them for the novelty, and if they turn out to be good... All the power to me!
W-what is this, a drug business. I swear I'm not otome to addicted. Erm, I mean... That's really cool though, I wouldn't have guessed that there would be so many~~. They all look fairly good, by judging from your lovely VNDb additions.

ALTOR does have such amazing art, I've actually heard of that one before, haven't played it yet though, everything looks almost... mysterious in that art style. <3 Hopefully the games will be good, but you know it's hard to judge things by covers and summaries.
Laramie Castiel wrote:I totally agree- how did this forum become so amazing in four days?! Thanks to us, of course. I'm sure people are lurking our posts, wishing they were as bitchin' as us. <= Deluded.
I bet everyone is so jealous, and intimidated by how awesome we are so they just sit back and read everything we post. ...You have a bit of an ego there, ma'am.
Laramie Castiel wrote:LOL, fangirl alerrrrt! *Sirens* O-of course I agree... I-I'm scared of cages... :cry:
H-hey, I'm not that bad... Am I? :o If you don't like cages, how do you feel about basements?

Topaztan
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laramie Castiel on 20/04/13, 12:58 am

Topaztan wrote:You mean Uzumaki D. Jesike Frankie Yusu,
yeah she's pretty amazing! xD (One Piece is correct, btw.) That whole
bog is actually really good and the mod, Yusu really knows her stuff
even if she is super opinionated. Two really good points she brought up,
were "real corsets are impractical and uncomfortable" b) "being
covered in blood is gross and uncomfortable." Maybe it's just because I
like to criticize things, but I like knowing other people's opinions on
my work as well.
You know, I might be much more of a masochist than I let on. I feel scarred from reading that OC's profile, but at the same time, I feel like I have come across a gem. I laughed, I cried, and then I laughed again some more. I love how "Jesike" makes NO phonetic sense. Sure, English is the bastard child of a few older languages and can get confusing, but rules are rules! I'm a very opinionated person, so maybe that's why I appreciate others that are the same. If something is stupid, I can't help but comment on it.

Topaztan wrote:"Age is not an excuse to not try and rise up from mediocrity" I am quoting you on this forever now. Something I like a lot is character flaws ,
that's probably why I find psychology so interesting as well. But flaws
don't just make things realistic, they make them interesting and
memorable. You're a Dexter fan too? Let me love youuuu! I'm just going to agree with you because we could probably take up an entire thread just talking about Dexter Morgan himself.
Thanks! Didn't think I said anything all that profound. Yes... I like to analyse flaws myself, but not because I'm some sad soul that likes to dwell on the bad of others to lift my mood up. I wouldn't call myself a Dexter fan anymore, but I still really like the books. You may. I definitely want your love! Yeah, can't derail too many more threads! Sadly, I'm not a big fan of the TV show. I liked the first season, but I think after it stopped following the books, it went downhill. Lila was supposed to be a sociopath antagonist, but... *shrugs* I guess it may be boring to just copyapasta the book plot into TV show form for some.

Topaztan wrote:That's only the Hetalia fandom and DeviantART.
I'm going to get in so much trouble for my jokes one day. xD; I can say
that MOST of the fanfiction on Luna isn't like that. Obviously, I
haven't read everything on the site, so I can't be 100% certain, but if
the story is a self-insert, it will be labeled that there so you know
what you are reading. More often that not, especially with longer fics,
Reader-tan gets actual characterization and is treated like a regular
character. Which is why I love Lunaescence so much. It leaves me
wondering why more otome protagonists aren't like that.
LOL, the sad thing, what you mentioned ISN'T a joke. Granted, not all of the works in the Hetalia fandom and DeviantART are like that, but such a joke wouldn't even come into existence if there were no smoke from a fire, so to speak. I wonder, as well. I alternate between thinking that the companies just want to fulfill the Mary Sue fantasy thing, or are too lazy or skillfully lacking to write a decent protagonist.

Topaztan wrote:W-what is this, a drug business. I swear I'm not otome to addicted. Erm, I mean...
That's really cool though, I wouldn't have guessed that there would be
so many~~. They all look fairly good, by judging from your lovely VNDb
additions.

ALTOR does have such amazing art, I've actually heard
of that one before, haven't played it yet though, everything looks
almost... mysterious in that art style. <3 Hopefully the games will
be good, but you know it's hard to judge things by covers and summaries.
Otome games can sometimes be like a drug, yes. Which is why opportunistic scum like me are willing to provide links to borrow my doujin collection... *Snickers* I love VNDb too much. I think I like making profiles and organising things too much. ALTOR is largely considered to be the best of the bunch, but those that want ero go for Sweet Lesson. Though, with Sweet Lesson, you can only end up with Gokudera. Dino makes an appearance, but no sexy times no dice for the poor guy. I tried looking for reviews all over the net, but none were too informative beyond "I like it"; "it was okay" etc.

Topaztan wrote:H-hey, I'm not that bad... Am I? shocked If you don't like cages, how do you feel about basements?
God no. If you're okay with the very NSFW Encyclopedia Dramatica (a VERY guilty pleasure of mine)... you'll realise you're not bad at all. Some fangirls of stuff are truly scary. You're not even close! *Thumbs up!*

Laramie Castiel
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:03 pm

Sponsored content