Otome Hearts
Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Otome Hearts
Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Page 3 0tppz1z
Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!
Otome Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom

+41
insight_blue
Naoko_Andre
fairth
Laluune
Teshii
Aiwethryne
kyuuichii
Kouryuu
chips818
sugi7
Daeyamati
hiko27
EquinoxCrow
Razzlebeth
Verdelish
shymel
Xyryhll
Loki666
Her Cheshire Smile
Saitoforever13
Seira
alice3ify
mistresskisara
cielanne
Cuddlebump
kuchiyume
Velut Luna
silverx
DiamondRoseTears
Shamochu
Ace of Hearts
Loren Leah
tipsylady
eigengrau
vocaotome
LeKitten
Sakimichi
vellaude
kirarisakura
Blue_Sargent
Makise Sunao
45 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Page 3 Empty Re: Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom

Post by sugi7 22/12/13, 09:47 pm

I LOVED this game. Like truly LOVED it smile The storyline is amazing and the characters are so well developed! My favorite route would have to be Sano's in terms of romance, but in terms of storyline... probably Hijikata's... but Okita's is amazing too... and Heisuke's is so cute!!! Kyaaa!! I can't choose XD XD XD but everyone should definitely buy this game smile
sugi7
sugi7
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 8
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Page 3 Empty Re: Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom

Post by chips818 31/12/13, 08:50 pm

Not enough Saito lovers here D: Though I haven't finished playing the other routes yet, so maybe Saito won't be my favorite after... Haha who am I kidding SAITOOOO <33
But anyway I really love this game so far. The story line confused me a little on the first play through, but it got better, so don't give up if it doesn't make sense at first!
chips818
chips818
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kouryuu 02/01/14, 04:41 am

chips818 wrote:Not enough Saito lovers here D: Though I haven't finished playing the other routes yet, so maybe Saito won't be my favorite after... Haha who am I kidding SAITOOOO <33
But anyway I really love this game so far. The story line confused me a little on the first play through, but it got better, so don't give up if it doesn't make sense at first!

-raises hand- I am a Saito lover here. Then my #2 is Okita..and #3 Kazama. XD Yeah. Same problem here if you aren't a history nut. But thankfully, I was taking Japanese history somewhat during this. So the plot make sense to me. I am wondering..what is the difference between PSP, PS2, and 3DS games? =x
Kouryuu
Kouryuu
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 230
+Like : 9
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii 24/01/14, 12:29 pm

Makise Sunao wrote:I'm really happy this game got licensed, if it weren't for the PSP I would not have discovered Kazama's adorable side  :oops:

So who played the game?
Which guy route did you liked the most?
I already finish the game  Perv look

my first route was normal ending Crying hiks..
Then I choose Okita route  Ehehe~ It's sad but I'm happy...
also already finished all routes after that. Just as planned

my favorite is Okita route  Perv smile ... re-playing his route for the 4th time mwuahahaha Embarassed/ Kyaa!
kyuuichii
kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/01/14, 07:18 am

My favourites are Kazama, Okita and Saito [in that order]. I pre-ordered the limited edition of the game as soon as it was announced [no regrets!]

I'm not a big fan of Chizuru compared to some other otome heroine's but I can at least understand some of the points of why she was made the way she was.

I'm one CG away from having the game 100%. I know what CG too, it's just a pain to get to it. It's one of Hijikata's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne 26/01/14, 08:36 am

Fast-forward options are magical things~~

I also pre-ordered the limited edition~ <3 I knew it was announced for a long while but I kept dwelling over whether or not I would say anything. But I got it, so yay. I have not taken the fan out of the plastic, though. If I were totally rich, I seriously would buy doubles of everything because I am a dork for having things in pristine, still-wrapped condition. Darn collector's mentality.

And, yeah. I can totally understand how stories about certain existing time periods have that way of making characters less appealing because of the historical position of women, among other things.
Aiwethryne
Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 414
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://illustriousfathoms.wordpress.com/otome-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/01/14, 09:53 am

Some people don't understand that in certain areas in the world, and add in the era, they can be different then how we act today. So I understand the she isn't very likable but people just dislike her and not because they actually tried to make her a woman of that time instead of how we are. But meh people will be people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teshii 11/04/14, 11:31 am

I started of playing Heisuke but somehow I lost my data and when I replayed it, I went with Saitou.

Saitou is so sweet, my heart went doki doki but Heisuke has my vote (for now). Honestly, of all of them Heisuke was one that i wasnt really attracted to. However, he def won me over with his personality. I haven't play his route though, i can't take any more heartache. I need a whole year rest to be able to play the next one!!

As for looks, I definitely adore Souji. I think I will love him even more if I ever play his route! fkjdsfjsflk
Teshii
Teshii
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 6
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Laluune 21/04/14, 03:08 pm

I hadn't played a game like Hakuouki before so I was quite surprised that characters can die >.> Way to make me sad and frustrated Idea Factory.

My favourite routes were Hijikata, Heisuke (Like Teshii, he's personality is what got me), and Saito in that order. Saito's route was really sweet. Okita was my original preference when I first played but I failed and switched to Hijikata haha. I'd like to go back and try to finish my initial preference.

I'm looking forward to Stories of the Shinsengumi on PS3, I'm glad Aksys picked it up.
Laluune
Laluune
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth 16/09/14, 03:10 pm

Teshii wrote:Saitou is so sweet, my heart went doki doki but Heisuke has my vote (for now). Honestly, of all of them Heisuke was one that i wasnt really attracted to. However, he def won me over with his personality. I haven't play his route though, i can't take any more heartache. I need a whole year rest to be able to play the next one!!

So I really have to try Heisuke's route ! I'd been avoiding him because he's just too Genki for me ><

But one of my friends who's into Yondere has been bothering me with Heisuke ever since she watched the anime. And after reading Teshii's post... I guess Heisuke fired my curiosity up !!

Aaah~ Too many games to play ! I need more free time !! Rolling Eyes/ pissed
fairth
fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 342
+Like : 21
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoko_Andre 18/09/14, 06:22 am

I LOVED this game Ehehe~ 
I bought it for the 3DS though. And when it came out I was like "Shut up and take my money Nintendo" XD
I started with Heisuke's route (without a guide xD) and... I loved him, SO MUCH, he's just... so cute. And his western outfit... so much nosebleed xD
Mi second favourite route was Sano's... I just like romantic characters a lot. XD
My third favorite route was Saito's... he so cute in the end!

But I haven's played Hijikata's and Kazama's route... I don´t know... I was so depressed after playing Souji's bad route I could't continue XD.
Naoko_Andre
Naoko_Andre
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/10/14, 08:24 am

... I may have specifically bought a Vita just so I could play this and Persona 3 Portable cough hack cough.  Bert sweating Bert sweating

Anyways, I really loved this game!! I thought it was bit textually dense in regards to the historical information though ... I'm a history major who's taken a few classes on modern Asian history so it's not like I'm unfamiliar with the bakumatsu era but it was just so ... dense that it dragged at times. But the writing was p solid in general and I loved, loved the art!! I hope they localize SSL eventually, I'd throw them all my money!!!

Route/characterwise, my top three favorites are Hijikata, Heisuke, and Harada in that order.  Ehehe~

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth 07/11/14, 06:08 pm

Out of all the Hakuouki Games, how many of them were translated into English ?

Since there are a lot of fans here, I'm sure someone knows ?

Also, is there any news about SSL ? I guess it's still too early.
fairth
fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/11/14, 10:05 pm

I think four?? There's the original PSP game and then it was ported over to 3DS and PS3. I know the 3DS has extra content but I don't know what and I think PS3 includes Zuisouroku. There's also a fighting game but I forgot what it's called. ;;

No SSL yet, hopefully one day!!

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth 08/11/14, 09:05 pm

So, there is :

-a)Demon of fleeting blossom~

-b)The PS3 one is actually demon of fleeting blossom + Zuisouroku ?

-c)The 3DS one is just like Demon of fleeting blossom with extra-CGs or something ?

-d)And then there is Warrior of the shinsengumi (Which I don't recommend but still it counts as being an English Hakuouki game)

I'm asking, because I wanted to get one of game b) or c), but don't know which one.
fairth
fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/11/14, 09:14 pm

Yes, basically! I wasn't sure about the 3DS, but I looked it up - it has mini-stories and some fun extra features but it's basically Demon of the Fleeting Blossoms. Between b & c, c is probably the better choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 09/11/14, 01:11 am

I played the original game on my PSP, then bought the PS3 version because I really wanted Zuisouroku. If you love Hakuouki and the guys, I really recommend it. It was so happy and cute, and I really felt like you got to spend a lot more time with all the characters, not just the main guys.
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 191
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://insightblue.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth 09/11/14, 05:52 am

Can anyone tell me precisely the main difference between the 3DS and PS3 version ? Which one is the more complete ?

I might end up buying both, though the portable (3DS) version is more attractive.
fairth
fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by kyuuichii 10/11/14, 01:49 am

If you want play and see the bishies in huge screen then go for PS3 xD I don't think there's much difference in main story. The main story is same in each console. But each console have -bonus- to make customer buy it wink 

After searching... Here's what I've found. Gomen, I'm too lazy to copy the text here, so I will give you the link xD
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the last link only reviewing PSP and 3DS.
kyuuichii
kyuuichii
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 945
+Like : 42
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ire 28/12/14, 10:22 am

Here I am, a little over 6 years later since the release of Hakuouki, and ready to jump on the (really quiet/dead??) hype train. I just started playing it two nights ago and there's only Hijikata and Kazama left to complete, though I'm not sure if I'm mentally prepared for those routes.

I actually avoided any bit of info regarding Hakuouki ever, so I thought the game would be a little more lighthearted than it was (and with all the hype, I figured there'd be more fanservice).. but it wasn't. Ahah. Even though there are good endings for sure, I found them rather sad--not because of the fated lifespans for rasetsu--but actually because of the truth that the Shinsengumi wouldn't reunite again (or at least, not completely).

Perhaps it's a bit odd, but I ended up worrying more about the Shinsengumi characters more than the romance itself.

Anyway, I really hope SSL gets localized. Take my money ;_; I just need a happy ending for every one of them where no one dies/gets left behind/has a fate unknown. Also, I need a Yamazaki route badly.
Ire
Ire
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 65
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 29/12/14, 01:05 am

Ire - I felt the same way! Good game, but a lot sadder then I thought it would be.

Did you buy the newer PS3 version? If you did, the fan disc Zuisouroku (called Stories I think), is on there. It's great because it follows the same route as the game, but gives you a lot of happier times with the guys, plus new epilogues at the end that are definitely very happy!!
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ire 29/12/14, 11:11 am

@insight_blue

Aw, I wish I had enough games I wanted to play on the PS3 to justify getting one ;; but unfortunately not, so I settled for the 3DS version.

I guess the only option at the moment would be to emulate Zuisouroku. Crossing my fingers for VNReader to pull me through the kanji ;v;
Ire
Ire
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 65
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by C. Spade 16/05/15, 06:51 am

Yeah. Hakuoki's great.

I got Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom, Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi, Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi, Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi.

I played all the games routes in this order Heisuke, Saito, Okita, Hijikata, Harada and Kazama, finished by the normal end. I've unlocked every image in each game. The warriors game has poor controls but, I really liked the characters new outfits and new images. It was awesome that you could take the images as background for the psp. And the sound gallery! Sometimes I just turn on the game for that. It was kind of cool to see the game as the males too. Though, I haven't heard many talk about it...

I remember the first time I got the game. I was playing it a summer night before school started. I kept telling myself after this scene ends I'll go to bed until I heard my dad leaving for work at 5:30 am. My first all nighter playing a game... I regret nothing.

From Spade
C. Spade
C. Spade
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 88
+Like : 5
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth 16/05/15, 02:46 pm

C. Spade wrote:My first all nighter playing a game... I regret nothing.

From Spade

haha +1 for that, you never regret it until around 18pm where you're drowsing xDD

(Hakuouki is worth staying up)
fairth
fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by insight_blue 16/05/15, 11:53 pm

ROFL! Glad you had no regrets. But as fairth said, Hakuouki is worth it! wink
insight_blue
insight_blue
Main Character
Main Character

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next