Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Re: Hakuouki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom

Post by Velut Luna on 15/04/13, 10:27 am

Played it, I need to finish Hijikata's route.
I really like Okita's and Harada's.

When you walk away
You don't hear me say,
"Please, oh baby, don't go."
Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Velut Luna
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 285
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://glitterberry.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kuchiyume on 18/04/13, 07:29 pm

i finished it not too long ago and i just adore Kazama so i would say that kazama route was my favorite but i found it really short i also liked the Heisuke route. It's a great game escpecially in the writing and that game makes you learn a ton of things about that period in Japan, i bought this game for the romance but at the end the historical informations were my favorite things (would be cool if there were more game like that in english ,Like "legends of camelot" : Arthur, Lancelot...*drool*)

Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Heroine
+Gold : 76
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuddlebump on 18/04/13, 09:43 pm

I ADORE this game.

I originally wanted to get with Sannan or Harada, because those are the two 'types' I go for. Then I found out that no matter what you can not achieve Sannan route... (no fair...)

Somehow I managed to stray from the path I chose (because I didn't use a guide, and whenever I don't I fail) Somehow I managed to get onto the main Oni dudes story, and then get the bad end for him. Good lord that sucked!

Currently replaying with Harada-sama in my line of sight <3
Cuddlebump
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 69
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by cielanne on 18/04/13, 10:20 pm

I've only play 3 route : okita souji, kazame chikage, and Sanosuke Harada.
It is my most love route because of the character (i really like his sense of humour even if it tend to be well twiste in a sense :twisted:) , i like the end of harada route more. Even if it let's a lot more to the imagination ( did he die in the end or did he stay alive and got his happy ending?)

But sometimes I thinks it's the waiting of happinness ( maybe even love, love of a lover, a friend or a kin)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sometimes love last even when death do us apart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cielanne
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 93
+Like : 8
Awards :
Events :

http://keberin.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Velut Luna on 18/04/13, 10:56 pm

Harada's route was fun~ like how he only one way to "calm down" a girl. wink

When you walk away
You don't hear me say,
"Please, oh baby, don't go."
Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight
It's hard to let it go

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Velut Luna
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 285
+Like : 12
Awards :
Events :

http://glitterberry.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mistresskisara on 20/04/13, 04:34 pm

cielanne wrote:I've only play 3 route : okita souji, kazame chikage, and Sanosuke Harada.
It is my most love route because of the character (i really like his sense of humour even if it tend to be well twiste in a sense :twisted:) , i like the end of harada route more. Even if it let's a lot more to the imagination ( did he die in the end or did he stay alive and got his happy ending?)

Spoiler:
He was alive, he had a baby with Chizuru

Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 105
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Makise Sunao on 20/04/13, 05:06 pm

mistresskisara wrote:
cielanne wrote:I've only play 3 route : okita souji, kazame chikage, and Sanosuke Harada.

Spoiler:
If memory served me right they escaped to
Spoiler:
China when the war started, because in the end they will be branded as traitors. And this is the reason why Saito was pushed to the poor regions and live a poor yet happy life with Chizuru

Admin
Admin

+Gold : 365
+Like : 36
Events :

http://otomehearts.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alice3ify on 20/04/13, 06:49 pm

Makise Sunao wrote:
mistresskisara wrote:

Spoiler:
If memory served me right they escaped to
Spoiler:
China when the war started, because in the end they will be branded as traitors. And this is the reason why Saito was pushed to the poor regions and live a poor yet happy life with Chizuru

Spoiler:
I think Harada is the only bishou in Hakuouki who could really get good (as in good) endings if you compare it to the others. (Exceptional Chikage since his route isssss short.

My friends bought me a limited edition of this game which includes a small artbook, UMD (of course), and ... what else? Aksys did a good job for this! Kudos for them!~

I had played this game at 2012 (April) and have experienced all of those bishou's routes so far.

Spoiler:
Personally thinks that Otomate doesn't really make it fair for some other bishou compare to Hijikata's routes since Hijikata is so longgg and it really gets connected with the war, and Souji? We got a lot of lines of him and Chizuru wandered because he was sick.
alice3ify
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 201
+Like : 10
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Seira on 24/04/13, 07:51 am

I bought the limited edition version of the game and it was totally worth it. My favorite routes are definitely Souji's, Heisuke's and Saito's. Every one of those routes was great but that's not to say that the other routes aren't bad.
Seira
Main Character
Main Character

+Gold : 90
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Saitoforever13 on 24/04/13, 09:15 am

Makise Sunao wrote:I'm really happy this game got licensed, if it weren't for the PSP I would not have discovered Kazama's adorable side :oops:

So who played the game?
Which guy route did you liked the most?

All of the men are adorable, but Saito is my man, through and through.

Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 38
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Her Cheshire Smile on 24/04/13, 12:01 pm

I've played all the routes - I mean, I don't remember them, but still - and I actually really liked Kazama's route. It was realistic and frankly, I sort of liked Chizuru's character there, still dependent but at least she has no delusions about saving the others. She knew she could only follow their trace by then.

As for the others, I believe I've already stated somewhere in the forum that I dislike Chizuru with a passion. I can't remember much of the guys though.

Oh! But I do remember liking the... youngest one, what was his name? Up until the point that he turned into a whiny monster. I did love the scene when the Guard and the Shinsengumi fought and he did this little speech about believing in Chizuru rather than political stuff and whatnot.
Her Cheshire Smile
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

+Gold : 356
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 on 18/05/13, 09:02 am

Seira wrote:I bought the limited edition version of the game and it was totally worth it. My favorite routes are definitely Souji's, Heisuke's and Saito's. Every one of those routes was great but that's not to say that the other routes aren't bad.
We have the same love <3
I just got my hands on this game days ago and I already completed the good routes for all the characters, and those 3 routes were my favourits <3 Though, I can't choose between Souji and Hajime for who had my ultimate favourit route >.<
Spoiler:
But Hajime's cg was just.........( */w\*) *will search to the ends of the earth to put it as my PSP background* But Souji was just so cute. But Hajime was also really cute and touching. Moooo, I have to replay those routes before I can decide!!!!!!! Dx
Chikage would be in my top 3 if it didn't feel like a recap of everything and showed a bit more of his sweet side. Am I the only one who feels like Chizuru just decided to fall for him as soon as he said that he loved her?
Her Cheshire Smile wrote:
I've played all the routes - I mean, I don't remember them, but still - and I actually really liked Kazama's route. It was realistic and frankly, I sort of liked Chizuru's character there, still dependent but at least she has no delusions about saving the others. She knew she could only follow their trace by then.

As for the others, I believe I've already stated somewhere in the forum that I dislike Chizuru with a passion. I can't remember much of the guys though.

Oh! But I do remember liking the... youngest one, what was his name? Up until the point that he turned into a whiny monster. I did love the scene when the Guard and the Shinsengumi fought and he did this little speech about believing in Chizuru rather than political stuff and whatnot.
Why do you hate Chizuru? o:
I've played through all the good routes and I just can't bring myself to hate her Neutral

Aksys games did a pretty good job with this game, but there are two things that really gratted my nerves: Kodo and all those translation mistakes Ladida

Kodo is just..... WHY ARE YOU SO INCONSISTANT WITH WITH HIM, AKSYS AND OTOMATE?!
Spoiler:
In one route, he's like "I'm doing all this shiz so that my daughter can go back to living the life she used to live.", in another route, he's like "I WANT TO CONQUER THE WORLD!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Laughing dududu ", and then there is Hajime's route where he is all "I raised you just so that I can give you to Chikage as a present :twisted: ". DECIDE WHAT KIND OF MAD MAN HE IS ALREADY!!!!!! sad ❌

Don't get me started on all those translation mistakes and it's not just those typos -.- Sometimes, what the characters say and what is written in the text box are two different things sad I'm just like "Wow! Where the heck did they get this translation from? They really need to invest on a good translator."

Those are my only complaints about this game. That and having no music gallery -.-' Everything else is really good and I'm happy with them :D Love it! Sorry that I kinda used this post as a rant x3
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 393
+Like : 23
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Xyryhll on 18/05/13, 04:08 pm

I WANT TO PLAY THIS SO BAD I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS LOL

I browsed the mall today for hours but it was all in vain as it's not available =[
I hope I could get it online :D

Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 11
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by shymel on 18/05/13, 04:19 pm

Loki666 wrote:Don't get me started on all those translation mistakes and it's not just those typos -.- Sometimes, what the characters say and what is written in the text box are two different things [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm just like "Wow! Where the heck did they get this translation from? They really need to invest on a good translator."
Do you have an example of this?

shymel
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 107
+Like : 6
Awards :
Events :

http://shy-mel.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 on 18/05/13, 08:37 pm

Xyryhll wrote:I WANT TO PLAY THIS SO BAD I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS LOL

I browsed the mall today for hours but it was all in vain as it's not available =[
I hope I could get it online :D
You can buy it on Aksys Games website for really cheap o: Just 10$ american + small shipping fee. That's how I bought my copy :3
shymel wrote:
Loki666 wrote:Don't get me started on all those translation mistakes and it's not just those typos -.- Sometimes, what the characters say and what is written in the text box are two different things [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm just like "Wow! Where the heck did they get this translation from? They really need to invest on a good translator."
Do you have an example of this?
Let me post those that I can find on my replay of Souji's route here :3 at least those that grate my nerves the mostThough I kinda don't want to because it would make me sound like a jerk and that I hate this game, which I don't and I'm not a jerk

PROLOGUE:
Saburo: Kusou! Nande shinanai dayo?! Dame da. Koitsura katana wa kikane! Shit! Why won't he die?! No good. Swords don't work on him!
Text Box: What is this? Why won't you die?! Damnit! We gotta get out of here!

I don't remember on who's route this is in, but I remember that in the text box of one of the characters, there was a 3 word sentence, but the character kept on talking and said more than 3 words ¬.¬

There was also this one sentence that they got completely wrong. Like, not even the meaning of the sentence was right x3
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Verdelish on 18/05/13, 11:08 pm

If you're going to buy the game, why not wait for the 3DS port, Memories of the Shinsengumi? It comes with a bunch of extra side stories that apparently fill in the gaps between the events of the story can we date shinpachi yet

I would totally buy it myself, but I already have the limited edition boxset ;A; I don't want to buy the same game again argh x_x

Verdelish
Bishounen Gemu Staff
Bishounen Gemu Staff

+Gold : 80
+Like : 7
Awards :
Events :

http://verdelish.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shymel on 19/05/13, 01:04 am

Saburo: Kusou! Nande shinanai dayo?! Dame da. Koitsura katana wa kikane! Shit! Why won't he die?! No good. Swords don't work on him!
Text Box: What is this? Why won't you die?! Damnit! We gotta get out of here!
As someone who is pretty much only fluent in English, I don't see any problem with Aksys' work here. The main point is still there and one of the sentences is almost word for word . And I believe an Aksys editor who worked on the game in an interview said he had to add more to Chizuru's dialogue because it was just so plain, among other stuff.

Also, Aksys is a localization company not a translation company, just like Atlus NA, NISA, and the other American branches of gaming companies. I think people forget that. They do their work so it is understandable to mostly North Americans (and Europeans) in both the language and context. If you want a translation, read a good chunk of the manga released in the US today, which apparently happens because that industry works a lot on freelance.

A good example would be NISA's work on the Neptunia series. There is a villain in the series whose Japanese name is based on the word Magiquone, which in Japan is know as a form of piracy or something similar. It doesn't hold the same contextual meaning outside of Japan so NISA changed her name to Arfoire, based on R4 which is the name of a piracy flash cart in America.

shymel
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 on 19/05/13, 04:16 am

shymel wrote:
As someone who is pretty much only fluent in English, I don't see any problem with Aksys' work here. The main point is still there and one of the sentences is almost word for word . And I believe an Aksys editor who worked on the game in an interview said he had to add more to Chizuru's dialogue because it was just so plain, among other stuff.

Also, Aksys is a localization company not a translation company, just like Atlus NA, NISA, and the other American branches of gaming companies. I think people forget that. They do their work so it is understandable to mostly North Americans (and Europeans) in both the language and context. If you want a translation, read a good chunk of the manga released in the US today, which apparently happens because that industry works a lot on freelance.

A good example would be NISA's work on the Neptunia series. There is a villain in the series whose Japanese name is based on the word Magiquone, which in Japan is know as a form of piracy or something similar. It doesn't hold the same contextual meaning outside of Japan so NISA changed her name to Arfoire, based on R4 which is the name of a piracy flash cart in America.
I was only stating my opinion, you don't need to be so defensive about Aksys. And I really don't see the same point in my example that I put up. To me "Swords don't work on him." means that he plans to continue fighting somehow. On the other hand "Let's get out of here" tells me that they are running away. Those are two different points that contradict themselves. This kind of mistake can change how someone views a certain character. To you who only knows english, it sounds fine and you portray the character as a coward. But to someone who knows only japanese, he would not portray the character as a coward. And then a big confusion on the character is created. It's not that much of a big misunderstanding in this scene because it's a unknown rounin who dies right away, but what if that mistake was made on a major character like Hijikata or Souji? It would be a bigger problem then. Get my point? This is just a pet peeve of mine. These kind of mistakes always grate my nerves, even in manga and animes (and I have watched the Hakuouki anime) and it really doesn't help that I know some japanese and being fluent in english.

I also know that Aksys is a localization company and not a translating company. But, as a localization company, I believe that it should be there duty to at least double check the translations before putting it on shelves and up for sale. That way, they could correct the majority of the typos, see if there where any translation mistakes and puts up a good image to those who know some japanese.

And how those your name-changing argument relate to game translation? Changing a character's name isn't bad and it doesn't change a character. They do it all the time in anime and manga translations.
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by shymel on 19/05/13, 04:59 am

I wasn't being defensive. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. I just see people on the internet who get upset when they don't get a literal translation where everything that was said/written in Japanese in English now. We don't get literal translations from companies due to language and cultural/contextual differences. And the fact that these companies are localizing games for an audience where the majority doesn't speak/read/write/understand Japanese so they can make the necessary changes without issues.

That is why I included the name change example (not argument) as it shows a cultural/contextual change made in localization. Just keeping her Japanese name would have caused a reference to be lost on most of the players, while her new name keeps the reference in tact. NISA also had to completely get rid of a joke in one of the Neptunia games that involved some 80s/90s Japanese drink commercial because only a miniscule amount of people who bought the game could have possibly gotten the joke. I'm not exactly sure what they changed it to, but the new dialogue makes more sense to the game's consumers.

shymel
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki666 on 19/05/13, 06:01 am

shymel wrote:I wasn't being defensive. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. I just see people on the internet who get upset when they don't get a literal translation where everything that was said/written in Japanese in English now. We don't get literal translations from companies due to language and cultural/contextual differences. And the fact that these companies are localizing games for an audience where the majority doesn't speak/read/write/understand Japanese so they can make the necessary changes without issues.

That is why I included the name change example (not argument) as it shows a cultural/contextual change made in localization. Just keeping her Japanese name would have caused a reference to be lost on most of the players, while her new name keeps the reference in tact. NISA also had to completely get rid of a joke in one of the Neptunia games that involved some 80s/90s Japanese drink commercial because only a miniscule amount of people who bought the game could have possibly gotten the joke. I'm not exactly sure what they changed it to, but the new dialogue makes more sense to the game's consumers.

Ah, now I understand you. I agree with you that it's ok to make those changes so that a reference or a joke wouldn't be lost on a none-japanese audience. I actually like them and they don't grate my nerves. The things that grate my nerves are those.... hmmmm..... how should I put it..... grammar-translation mistakes? It's like if you say something as simple and innocent as "Hello. How are you?" to someone, and then that person goes to someone else and says to them that you just insulted them. Or if you created a heroic character and wrote a story about him without making any sort of reference to anything, then someone else translates that story in another language and they miss-translated some parts and made your character look like a coward instead of a hero by accident. Then someone else decides to sell that translation in there country and don't check if the translators made any grammar or translation mistakes. Now you have an audience that see your character as a coward instead of the hero that you wanted to portray. The hero-coward thing is a bit of an exageration. I'm sorry if that made no sense to you. I'm bad at explaining myself and my opinions x3. I'll look for a better example and I'll send it to you through pm. I don't want to continue this debate on this thread, since we are supposed to be talking about Hakuouki here, not debate about translations x3
Loki666
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Razzlebeth on 05/06/13, 12:09 am

I got completely hooked on Hakuoki and played each route back to back until I'd unlocked everything. Saito and Kazama are actually my favorite. I stumbled on Kazama's ending entirely by accident my first playthrough when I was futzing around and couldn't pick a route to stick with. >.>;

Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by EquinoxCrow on 08/06/13, 09:08 pm

So here is my question about the 3ds game. Ok, can you date other cast members like shin or mr.crazypants in the glasses? Question

Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 25
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by hiko27 on 23/08/13, 10:12 am

I still haven't gotten around to finishing the others' routes but I finished Saito then Hijikata (I'm used to their last names instead lol).

In the beginning, from all the pictures I saw a few years back, I thought that Saito was the main dude and to my surprise, it was Hijikata. Well then... But I obviously went for Saito at first and man oh man, he didn't let me down =u= That epilogue was so darn gosh cute! Hijikata's was... It was sad but it was... Kind of cliche. I don't like those stories were one pushes the other away so I was pissed at him at one point in the story. And Souji? I accidentally stumbled on his route's main problem one time while going for Saito. I spoiled myself the gist of his story ugh =.=

I've been putting the game on hold since I have Glass Heart Princess to play and tons of other games too so... I can't really say anything about the others but Saito was and still is my favorite.

I was at Aksys' panel at Anime Expo about localizing games and man, did they do a good job at it, especially with 999 and Hakuouki. They even showed a schedule of the localization and was it messy and dangerous and stressful. Hopefully Aksys localizes more otome games so that tons of otome fans can have a variety of games to play. LIKE SWEET FUSE. I wish I tried that at AX.
hiko27
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 35
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

http://aho-studios.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daeyamati on 24/08/13, 09:35 am

I ordered the PSP limited edition along with Sweet Fuse & Fate/Extra. I can't wait to try it out once it comes in the mail!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Daeyamati
Mary Sue
Mary Sue

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 308
+Like : 13
Awards :
Events :

http://en.gravatar.com/daeyamati

Back to top Go down

Post by kuchiyume on 27/08/13, 07:53 pm

i bought the psp game and i liked Kazama and Heisuke route, but i was kind of frustrated at the end (what it's already over?!) , i think i'll buy the 3ds version

Transfer Student
Transfer Student

+Gold : 76
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down