Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Japanese Textbook Recommendation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Japanese Textbook Recommendation?

Post by icingcandies on 01/06/16, 02:20 pm

Who would like to give their two cents on how helpful some textbooks are for self-learners? 

I'm basically a beginner. 

So far, I've covered Hiragana and Katakana with the Alphabet Hiragana and Katakana app by Cornerstone. (I recommend it, the practices help! :p )

I'm fluent in Chinese, so I roughly understand the meaning of most (?) Kanji. Nonetheless, I don't know most of the onyomi and kunyomi. ^^'

Grammar wise, I've finished up till the end of the essential grammar section of Tae Kim's guide. Can't say I've grasped everything yet though.

Textbooks recommended by other people online:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Your thoughts on these books? :> I'd say it's a good pick? So far, genki has been too simple for me though. OTL Well, it is lesson one after all. Cryingshocked
Any more fabulous TBs to recommend? ^^

icingcandies
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 23
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Japanese Textbook Recommendation?

Post by Marye on 08/10/16, 07:30 pm

Well, for overall reference of Kanji, I strongly recommend this book (My Japanese teacher even said it was a really good book)

漢字字典

It categorized Kanji by grade they are learned in Japan and it also has strokes(though I bet you already know this) and origin. The book is geared towards children but overall, it's a really fun book.

It looks like this:
Spoiler:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, I think there are books that has Chinese explanations as well, if I'm not mistaken, Nihongo Sou Matome is one of them.

Good luck in learning!  like

Marye
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 10
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: