Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Japanese Textbook Recommendation?

Go down

default Japanese Textbook Recommendation?

Post by icingcandies on 01/06/16, 02:20 pm

Who would like to give their two cents on how helpful some textbooks are for self-learners? 

I'm basically a beginner. 

So far, I've covered Hiragana and Katakana with the Alphabet Hiragana and Katakana app by Cornerstone. (I recommend it, the practices help! :p )

I'm fluent in Chinese, so I roughly understand the meaning of most (?) Kanji. Nonetheless, I don't know most of the onyomi and kunyomi. ^^'

Grammar wise, I've finished up till the end of the essential grammar section of Tae Kim's guide. Can't say I've grasped everything yet though.

Textbooks recommended by other people online:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Your thoughts on these books? :> I'd say it's a good pick? So far, genki has been too simple for me though. OTL Well, it is lesson one after all. Cryingshocked
Any more fabulous TBs to recommend? ^^

Learning Japanese to ship 2D couples.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Main Character
Main Character

Faction Faction : Hearts
+Gold : 23
+Like : 2
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Japanese Textbook Recommendation?

Post by Marye on 08/10/16, 07:30 pm

Well, for overall reference of Kanji, I strongly recommend this book (My Japanese teacher even said it was a really good book)

It categorized Kanji by grade they are learned in Japan and it also has strokes(though I bet you already know this) and origin. The book is geared towards children but overall, it's a really fun book.

It looks like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, I think there are books that has Chinese explanations as well, if I'm not mistaken, Nihongo Sou Matome is one of them.

Good luck in learning!  like

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 10
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum