Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Greetings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Greetings

Post by Pardo48 on 06/05/15, 05:29 am

Greetings everyone.

Firstly, I do not play otome games at all and have never cared too. 

Now, you may be wondering why I am here then and that I am weird. Well, the truth of the matter is that I am here for my girlfriend sake. She desires to play the Japanese visual novels so badly that she has sent me out to make it happen.

It has been a long journey and I have sated her desire for now, but that will not last long. So, I plan on hopefully joining translations teams simply, because I want to improve my skills.

I hope to be helpful to this community and would love suggestions for teams to join. I have a lot to learn.

Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 45
+Like : 0
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Greetings

Post by fairth on 06/05/15, 07:41 pm

There are frequent team requests for translators, so may be you can check those topics and choose the projects you're most interested in.
Here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Why isn't your girlfriend checking those games herself ? Looking for a good Otome game is also part of the fun !
(I would never dare to ask my boyfriend to search for Otoge for me to play xDD it would be too weird but...I'm not judging huh)

So sorry if I thought you were a girl, at first !

Oh~ And of course, if you also wish to be corrupted, I can give you a few suggestions to BxG visual novels Oh you~

Anyway, welcome to Otome Hearts, I was glad to see you get an avatar (It's like saying you're going to stay a bit longer among us Sparkle )

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 334
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardo48 on 06/05/15, 08:16 pm

Well, my girlfriend is very shy and she is afraid of forums and such. I think by me doing this she will become comfortable to join herself and that way she can enjoy her hobby with others like her.

I assumed that you thought me a girl, which I do not blame you for as I am sure there is not many guys on this forum.

I have begun sending out emails to join translator groups and I am going to be working with VNR as well hopefully. 

So, I guess I am a part of this community now and I already like the people I have met here. I am a fan of anime so we can share something in common hopefully.

smile

Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 06/05/15, 09:20 pm

Oh yeah~ I think everyone here is a fan of anime/manga, so that will be easy !
So, do you have a favourite genre or anime/manga ? Are you more into manga or anime ? And what's your top 5 ?

You should ask your girlfriend what kind of games or stories she likes, or a list of characters she had a crush for (Will you be comfortable asking her that ? xD)
It's not only on Otome games forums, but everywhere: I have a tendency to assume everyone is a girl since they are likeable (if I don't like someone, he has a chance to be tagged as a guy in my mind)
So... sorry for your gender ? Neutral

And for your information, you're the third or fourth guy I've met on this forum, but surprisingly enough, a lot of guys are into Otome Games (just like girls who play BxG games, you know)

Anyway, it's cute of you to enter a girl-only community for your girl (You're risking your mind and soul here), and I hope she'll eventually come as well (We won't eat her...or just a bit...may be Oh you~ )

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardo48 on 06/05/15, 09:43 pm

I have always preferred manga's but lately have been watching more anime's. My all time favorite anime type is Rom-Com.

My top five: One Piece, D Gray Man, The World God Only Knows, Toradora!, and Code Geass. Just to name a few.

I will ask her today and get back to you on her fav and crushes. (Surprisingly we are quite comfortable with our openness lol.)

I already have risked my mind and soul long ago. I give my permission for you to eat her soul.

What is your favorite list like?  :p

Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 06/05/15, 10:38 pm

My favourite Anime list ?

Ehh... it's easier to ask this than to give an answer xD
Right now, I'd say
-Hunter x Hunter
-Shingeki no Kyoujin
-Glass no Kamen
-Kiseijuu (Parasyte)
-Chihayafuru

It's the 5 ones I can think of, right now. I didn't put One piece in there, because I stopped watching during the Fishman Island Arc (Too much flashbacks) but it's one of the anime I've watch and read the most since I was 13...

I'm more into manga, and my all time favourite is Gantz. Have you read it ?
(Seinen and shonen are those I prefer, I guess it's shonen for you ?)

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardo48 on 06/05/15, 10:44 pm

One Piece was my first and that got me into anime and I have kept up with it ever since. 

Yeah, defiantly a shonen person. I heard of Gantz but I have not seen it.

I love Attack on Titan and Hunter x Hunter is on my list of too watch.

There is just so many to read and watch. What genre is your cup of tea?

Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 06/05/15, 11:21 pm

Shonen and Seinen !
I love those stories about survivals or fighting (Like a weak guy who becomes stronger as the story advances)
hmm... for example, the breaker, Holyland, and recently All you need is kill (which was made into a movie as Edge Of Tomorrow). And if you put zombies of time travel I'd read it.
Let's say shonen like One piece with a darker atmosphere :p That's why Hunter x Hunter and Gantz are at the top of my list~

You should definitely try Hunter x Hunter 2011. The remake is awesome and has a quicker pace than the original 98 version.

Did you know a movie of Attack on titans was to be released ?

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardo48 on 06/05/15, 11:26 pm

Yeah, the live action one I hear. Japan is going crazy about this! I know they are doing art exhibitions, press releases and sculptures of attack on titan. 

I loved the anime and I continued with the manga, but I just do not like how slow it takes for it to come out. 

Just like Black Butler it takes forever, which are you a fan of by any chance? :3

Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 06/05/15, 11:54 pm

Nope ! I never actually tried to read Black butler. I might have watched some episodes when it was aired on tv, but not enough to judge.

One of my friends is a huge fan though, and she spends her time talking about it, so I might know a bit about the story anyway. (She is expecting me to watch it)

Since you're not into Otome Games (which is too bad :T), can I ask what kind of games you prefer ?

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardo48 on 07/05/15, 12:01 am

Well, let us merge our two conversations into here now to make things right.

I am currently going for my Bachelor's in Computer Science to become a Java programmer.

I haven't gotten bored yet with going to conventions, but I do wish I had a large group to go with.

Black Butler is so good, but I prefer the manga as the anime is rough at first, but it becomes amazing.

My kind of gaming is on the PC, PS4 or 3DS. I prefer RPG games and strategy games. I play many types of games like MMOs and rogue as well. 

Do you only play Otome games?

Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 07/05/15, 12:14 am

Nope, you can't play Otome games alone ! You'll end up getting bored.
RPG is my fav (PSP, DS, PS3 or PC) but I don't mind playing other online games as long as the people I'm playing with are nice !

hmm... I tried going to conventions with huge groups, but it's more fun going with at most 2-3 people. I had more fun with only one person than when going with 8 others.
But you always end up meeting people there, right ?
How are manga and Otaku perceived where you live ?

Okay, so I read Kuroshitsuji and you watch Hunter x Hunter ?

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardo48 on 07/05/15, 01:08 am

Me and her always go together and we meet other friends of ours and we meet new people that we have seen before. With her being so shy though I try not to do too many social interactions as she prefers the comfort of browsing quietly hahaha.

Got to ask, what is your favorite RPG game. :p

Well, from where I live Columbus, Ohio is known as as large Otaku community and we have some of the biggest anime conventions in the states. So, it is precieved favorably here, but those who do not understand anime still looks at us as freaks sadly.

How is it in France? Is there usually translations of mangas and animes in your native tongue? 

Agreed, I have been wanting to see Hunter x Hunter for some time. I am currently watching Gintama actually.

Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 09/05/15, 08:34 pm

My best friend used to be like that, and I also tried to keep her away from huge gathering, but kept telling her to try and whenever we were hanging out, I did bold things in front of her to show her it wasn't that difficult x)

Yup, there are a lot of translations and mangas are really well-known. Here, it's kind of cool to be an otaku.
hmm...last time someone said "mangas are for children" in front of me, I turned her into a hardcore Otaku and a fuujoshi xD (because I was shocked to hear that in our era !! O.o)
I had read somewhere that France is the 3rd country (or something like that) to welcome Japanese culture within its boundaries. I don't know to which extent that is true though...

I don't know... maybe we are a bit too open-minded or accepting ?
(At least where I live, in Paris)

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardo48 on 10/05/15, 03:55 am

Yeah, America still treats it as cartoons, which has been an issue as we are being accepting of any other cultures really.

You probably get lots of tourists living in Paris?

Oh, Kristina says that she is a yandere fan and I am trying to pry more information from her. Mwuhahahaha.

Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 10/05/15, 04:28 pm

You should give her "Nicole". There is true Yandere in it  !
I had really enjoyed the game: It is an Otome Game with a mystery to solve (for certain endings)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, did you know this site ? (The VNDB) you can browse Otome or VN lists while adding filters.
Here's the "Yandere" list:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It might help ?
(Yup, a lot of Japanese, Chinese, Spanish and Americans in Paris. They are always lost and asking for directions. Though, people in Paris are a bit...)

I'll try to think of more yandere games...

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardo48 on 10/05/15, 05:01 pm

I'll let her know, right now she's asleep. 

Does the lost tourist get on your nerves at all hahaha? Living in Ohio we don't get tourists as we aren't one of the glamorous states.

Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Aiwethryne on 23/05/15, 12:12 pm

Ufuu~ On sites like this, yes, it is easy to assume that a member is female. But I know that one of the biggest posters on this site, who I have never seen online whenever I am around, is male. On the other otoge forum I am on, a guy had done just as you have to please his girlfriend. She wanted to find out about mature otome games but was too embarrassed to register and inquire on her own, so he ended up being the scout.

And now I cannot see what I am typing because the box turned white, so I'll submit this post.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Aiwethryne
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 414
+Like : 20
Awards :
Events :

http://illustriousfathoms.wordpress.com/otome-stuff/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pardo48 on 23/05/15, 04:28 pm

Well, now I am working on translation team for these games to give her more.

Pardo48
Transfer Student
Transfer Student

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:12 am

Sponsored content