Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Greetings and Salutations!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Greetings and Salutations!

Post by Guest on 09/04/15, 10:56 am

Hello everyone!

So, I'm just going to put this out there right away. I am not so good at introducing myself. There will be long-winded babbling, rambling, stories and maybe a cat reference, you have been warned.

Anyway, I've been a secret, solitary otome fan for some time now. When I first discovered the wonderful world of the otome visual novel, it was implied by a co-worker that I, as an engaged woman, was weird for liking them (I guess she forgot that she was married and is obsessed with Harlequin romance novels.) So, I hid my love for VN's and the tall, cold, dark haired, sometimes bespectacled men that reside in them.

To be honest, I wasn't sure how much of a fan community there was until recently when I began to search out more VN's to play. I was super excited to find this forum because sometimes an otome fan needs like-minded people to squeal with.

Okay, I need to wrap this up soon. I told you there would be rambling.

I got into this stuff due to Sweet Fuse, a game I randomly decided to play because I thought it was random that Keiji Inafune was a character in a video game. Needless to say, I was hooked instantly, and it was due to just how awesome the heroine was and the instant obsession I had with Subaru (who is my avatar). After recovering from that game, which is still my fave (you never forget your first), I immediately went down a rabbit hole of otome and haven't come out of it yet.

Okay, this is ridiculous. I have written too much, I need to stop. I'm going to go feed my cat now. (Told you there would be a cat reference.)

Back to top Go down

default Re: Greetings and Salutations!

Post by Infinipede on 09/04/15, 11:36 am

Don't forget to feed the cat. Mine likes to interrupt me when I'm gaming if I don't cater to her every whim.

welcome fellow new user! ok i gotta say it was the shidou avatar that made me comment, he's pretty great. (by some ironic twist, sweet fuse is my most recent, and urabe isn't my fav but i struggled to make this damn b-ball gif and i'll be damned if i'm not gonna use it until i make something good and proper)

Infinipede
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 9
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

http://infinipede.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/04/15, 02:46 am

Infinipede wrote:Don't forget to feed the cat. Mine likes to interrupt me when I'm gaming if I don't cater to her every whim.

welcome fellow new user! ok i gotta say it was the shidou avatar that made me comment, he's pretty great. (by some ironic twist, sweet fuse is my most recent, and urabe isn't my fav but i struggled to make this damn b-ball gif and i'll be damned if i'm not gonna use it until i make something good and proper)
My cat is very demanding and will try to mess with my nose piercing when he wants to be fed. 

That b-ball gif is amazing, Urabe is kind of meh but you have improved him quite a bit. Shidou is obviously my number one, but Meoshi is my second favorite in Sweet Fuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Infinipede on 10/04/15, 05:01 am

Yeah, my cat made a grab for my necklace last night, then walked away when I offered food because it wasn't fresh enough/the right flavor :V oh well, she's very old and has hyperthyroidism and nasty teeth so she needs to be fed canned food away from the other cats who're fat and will eat it all. She'll get at your eyelids too if you're asleep and not feeding her...

Meoshi is my favorite <3 I'm going through all the routes now and I feel bad, like, noooo I could be replaying his but... well, no, I need to get through the game xD

I know most people have mixed opinions on Urabe, I like him but I think we can all agree b-ball Urabe is the new and improved version. (My name for his playthrough was Charles Barkley and I blame wanting to show my friend that he was IRL Meoshi... When he sees Urabe he points and says "Hey look a b-baller" and that was the point where Sweet Fuse became Space Jam with bombs.)

Infinipede
Stalker
Stalker

+Gold : 9
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

http://infinipede.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 10/04/15, 07:12 am

Infinipede wrote:I know most people have mixed opinions on Urabe, I like him but I think we can all agree b-ball Urabe is the new and improved version. (My name for his playthrough was Charles Barkley and I blame wanting to show my friend that he was IRL Meoshi... When he sees Urabe he points and says "Hey look a b-baller" and that was the point where Sweet Fuse became Space Jam with bombs.)
Honestly, I am a die hard basketball fan so I'm enjoying your comments. I now want Urabe to refer to everything as 'turrible'.
I also want an otome game featuring the Inside The NBA crew, probably wouldn't be that popular but I would love it.
Urabe is a good enough character, he's just kind of bland next to the other more interesting guys.

I think I like Meoshi because he's a lot like some of the guys I've dated IRL, introverted, skinny gamers with long hair. :p But I also think he has a really good storyline, maybe the best one , you really want him to succeed and have a good life.

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 10/04/15, 10:56 pm

After reading your posts on Sweet Fuse I just had to comment: I also loved Meoshi (His story, his character etc...) But Urabe...I really loved his last CG (His ending is my second fav) but I'd put him in third position, just after the hidden character and way after Meoshi.

I still haven't tried Shirabe, and I'm currently playing Wakasa's route, though. What did you think of them ?
Did you finish the game ?

What other games did you play and love ?
So...you're into  Megane-san ? (A bit of a masochist aren't you ? Oh you~ )

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 334
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/04/15, 03:28 pm

fairth wrote:After reading your posts on Sweet Fuse I just had to comment: I also loved Meoshi (His story, his character etc...) But Urabe...I really loved his last CG (His ending is my second fav) but I'd put him in third position, just after the hidden character and way after Meoshi.
I still haven't tried Shirabe, and I'm currently playing Wakasa's route, though. What did you think of them ?
Did you finish the game ?

What other games did you play and love ?
So...you're into  Megane-san ? (A bit of a masochist aren't you ? Oh you~ )
I've completed Sweet Fuse. I'm a sad little completionist, so I have to do every possible route and get every possible scene. It takes me a while sometimes. :p

The thing is, I loved the game so much that I found all of the characters compelling in their own way. Wakasa and the hidden character are the two I'm least likely to be into, but I really liked their story arcs. Shirabe also surprised me by becoming my 3rd favorite character, but I could be attracted to the insane amount of sweets he must carry around with him as he has candy in his mouth in every scene. :p This is my favorite otome game, I could talk about it for days. The MC is a badass.

As for other games, Hakuoki on the PSP is another favorite of mine, I love Saitou Hajime. smile
I enjoyed Magical Diary - Horse Hall, I loved being able to decide how the MC would look.
I've also played some Pacthesis games, RE: Alistair, Halloween Otome,The Blind Griffin, Seduce Me, April Was A Fool and The Royal Trap.
I'm going through Frozen Essence and Heartstring Bugs at the moment, the story is amazing in Frozen Essence but I think I am enjoying Heartstring more, as I'm a sucker/obsessive for stat building games.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm still new to the terms used in the otome fan community, but who or what is a megane? (I googled it but what I got in return was a lot of links to car part websites, and I don't think that is what you are referring to. :p)

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 12/04/15, 06:27 pm

Sionainn wrote:(I googled it but what I got in return was a lot of links to car part websites, and I don't think that is what you are referring to. :p)

Actually, I was... (jk)

A megane is a guy wearing glasses. You know, the stereotype of the sadistic or double-faced guy !
I was also quite ignorant when I arrived here (Though I was already into manga-fandoms), but you can [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] And there are even more Otome/VN related words at the vndatabase, if you're curious.

Concerning Stats Raising, I can suggest you Aloners, a free VN/otome, very well written, where your answers throughout the game shape your personality.
And a more challenging one (I never managed to get the perfect ending without cheats) Prince Maker-Braveness.

I didn't know the blind griffin :/ it sounds a lot like 1931: Scheherazade and the library of pergamum (An other hardcore stats raising otome game I'm struggling with)

So I'm definitely going to play Seduce Me (The cast looks promising Perv look ) and then I might try the magical diary, or the blind griffin.
(I'm looking for something new and refreshing, like when I first discovered games like Alistair, Frozen Essence, Summer found Me, etc...)
So if you have your own suggestions...go ahead and tell me~

Also, did you try any Shall We Date games ? The first ones are cheaper than PC games and just as great Oh you~

(I know, I wrote a bit too much, but... I just can't help it OTL)

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

+Gold : 334
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 12/04/15, 08:53 pm

fairth wrote:
Sionainn wrote:(I googled it but what I got in return was a lot of links to car part websites, and I don't think that is what you are referring to. :p)

Actually, I was... (jk)
Well, thank you for directing me towards them, I now know where to get my 17" Celsium alloy wheels. :p

Thank you for the link to the definitions, it shall be my otome Rosetta Stone.

I haven't played the Shall We Date games yet. However I will add them to the list of games that I have to play (which is getting longer by the day). I now have a big folder of games I have yet to play.

Seduce Me is pretty good. Naturally when I saw the cast of guys I zeroed in on the tall, dark haired guy with glasses, the fact that he had a superior smirk on his face and seemed to be in a library made me go "Well, I'm abandoning my other games for the day."

I decided a few hours ago to play something more happy and less stat-filled than Frozen Essence and Heartstring Bugs so I'm playing Summer Found Me, it's my first time playing it and I really like it. Whoever wrote it did a good job with the dialogue. I went for Seth first, and I loved it.

(Don't worry about writing too much, I practically turn my posts into short stories. :p)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:14 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum