Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

where my cute 2d boys at

Go down

default where my cute 2d boys at

Post by Infinipede on 09/04/15, 08:56 am

Ayyy hello, y'all can call me Ness, though I'm typically known around the 'net as Infinipede (obviously). what for? well, absolutely nothing (unless by some miracle you lurk the negima or radiant historia tags on tumblr, in which case hi ilu.) vital stats... i'm 22, nonbinary, bisexual, and I'm a pixel artist, author, and a big fan of video games and their value as an artistic medium and oh yeah i also just really like spending an entire half a week every few months playing all the otome games i can get my grubby hands on nbd. I also love all sorts of visual novels, dating sims, stat raising games, etc etc. I hope to make my own monsterpeople-themed dating sim someday when my ADHD stops holding me hostage.

RPGs/sims with otome elements are probably my favorites, I was a fan of Harvest Moon even before I knew what a dating sim -was-, and I've been an SMT fan since before Persona 3 oh god i'm sorry I don't wanna sound like a hipster I guess I'm just saying I'm naturally drawn to those sorts of elements in a game... to be fair Awakening was my first Fire Emblem game! (I'm playing through the beginning of PoR when I feel like challenging myself.)

Some of my fav otome games I've played are Magical Diary, Hakuoki, X-Note, The Royal Trap, TokimemoGS2, Girlish Love Revolution, The Second Reproduction, and Hatoful Boyfriend. I'm currently playing through Sweet Fuse while I still have my ex's PSP and it's pretty much already gotten a spot on my favorites so worth a mention there. I think my favorite characters overall are any combination of sweet, shy, nerdy, and cute. Bonus points for being a secret badass or having a teensy bit of yandere. Overall faves, I'd say Ken from P3, Meoshi from Sweet Fuse, Ellen from Magical Diary and Amachi from TMGS2. Also not dateable in P3P but Fuuka's precious and I picked her in both P3 and FES...

Anyways, sorry, I ramble a lot. Hope to see you all around. I'm not terribly good at keeping up with forum community social stuff but I might post some art soon.
Infinipede
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Diamond
+Gold : 9
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

http://infinipede.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

default Re: where my cute 2d boys at

Post by fairth on 10/04/15, 11:18 pm

Hi !
I just saw your comment on Sionainn's introduction about Sweet Fuse !
I'm currently playing Persona 3. I just discovered the game last week and been addicted to: (I stopped sleeping on time, eating and even...ehhh...you don't want to know)

Did you try TGS3 ? I'm still trying to get all of the CGs... (All of them aren't on the FAQ Walkthrough)

Who was your fav in Hakuouki ? And what about the royal trap ?

Don't worry, even if you pass by only once a month or less, you'll still be welcomed. Anyway, the forums aren't that active right now.

Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 342
+Like : 21
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Infinipede on 12/04/15, 07:29 am

Persona 3 is actually my favorite video game of all time - heavily contested, but the game is absolutely brilliant, beautiful, and heartrending and has great characters and story in addition to just being a joy to play. What's your team rn and how far are you? o: 

I get the same way with games with really good stories, usually vns and jrpgs, I'll be up until god knows when in the middle of the night and forget to eat lmao... I was like that with P3P actually, I was like no, I need to get all these s-links to max and before I know it it's 7am o.o

I haven't tried TGS3 yet but I'm almost done with Sweet Fuse and it's next on the list. I'm not sure who I'm gonna go for first, this is one of the few games where I don't have an obvious first choice but like a couple different characters equally on first glance, which is rare o.o

I gotta say my fav in Hakuoki was either Saito or Sanosuke, which is odd since neither of them are the usual types I go for, but I felt like Saito had a lot more depth to him than I first thought he would, and Sanosuke and the mc had really good chemistry and his route showed a different angle to the later parts of the story. I think I enjoyed Hakuoki more for the overarching story than anything, it felt extremely real to me despite the fantasy elements, probably because of the historical basis, but also how it treated the Shinsengumi and the samurai in general. It gave an amazing feeling of powerlessness without hopelessness, like you knew there wasn't anything you could do in the end to change things, but you were always rooting for everyone. 

I have less to say about The Royal Trap since I played it quite a while ago and I feel like I kinda didn't spend too long on it despite really loving it, but my favorite was Nazagi. I gotta say I wasn't sold on anyone at first but the whole "I'm a stone cold badass but oh god nobody must know I need glasses please oh god don't tell anyone" won me over so fast. I also liked the ending to his story a ton, it was unconventional but it also fit the route quite a lot (also it is a thing I'd like to see more of in romance stories in general....) Also his skill with poisons was a really neat touch! I like worldbuilding in fantasy games, and poison magic and the like fit in very well to the political intrigue plot of the game.

Infinipede
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 12/04/15, 07:02 pm

Yeah, Nazagi seemed promising, but I found the romance in his route too rushed. It really would have been great it a bit longer. Same for Saito (I really love him and my room is flooded with posters of him and hijikata) but the romance wasn't as great as I had expected. That's why I loved Sanosuke :p

Right now, in PP3, I'm when Aigis just joined (The robot girl): Mitsuru, Yukari, Fuuka, Junpei, Aigis and Akihiko if you remember them. I wonder when Shinjiro (or whatever's his name) and the dog will join, if they do...

I'm about to go back to playing, and I already plan on going through the game once more when I finish it, as a male MC~

The only other RPG with Otome elements I've tried is Avalon Code, but it wasn't as fun as P3 !!

Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Infinipede on 15/04/15, 06:01 am

Yeah, I definitely agree that the romance aspect of Sanosuke's route was better, but I liked Saito as a character better overall. I liked all the guys in Hakuouki, obviously I had my favorites but I didn't feel like I cared about only one to the exclusion of all others, which is something that's really common for me in... well, most otoge and games/anime in general >.> So I think they did a really great job making all the characters interesting.

Okay, I know where you are ingame! I won't spoil anything but the game gets sad as hell late september/october, also utilizes a trope that I really like, multiple unrelated people connected by a single tragedy, been reminded of it b/c of finishing Sweet Fuse. :B I guess you could say Persona 3 is entirely about that, though.

Aigis is great, especially if you play or watch The Answer and both Persona 4 Arena games, seeing her character develop over the course of all those is awesome. She's just too damn cute to boot :D

My other favorite RPGs with otome elements are Rune Factory 4 and Fire Emblem: Awakening, both are definitely worth trying out if you have a 3DS! I also heard Story of Seasons is good, since it was made as a spiritual successor to both Harvest Moon and Rune Factory, and apparently the better developers from the teams of those series joined that team instead of the new HM one... but I don't know all the details. Neither of them are as good as P3 IMO but they're both very fun, have great characters (Ventuswill from RF4 is my dragon bff i love her) and will eat up allllll your time.

I started playing TMGS3, did a couple routes, I really like the systems like the updated fashion stuff and the angel/devil (sub/dom lolol) system. I think I actually like Miyo better than any of the guys lmao... your lady friends in this game are the best ever! Cutie 3 for life haha. My favorite guy I've gotten so far is Taira, I love the concept of his route, it must be hard being an average background character in a japanese high school story, and they managed to make it funny and lampshade that while still having it make sense in character. I have so much more to do though...

Infinipede
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 15/04/15, 05:33 pm

Yup, he was one of the best hidden characters in TGS3 !! And I agree to Cutie 3 being the best x) (You don't have to care about them stealing your guy)

The fashion system is a plus, it adds some difficulty to the game, but it's fun collecting the items if you like challenging tasks. (And it's cool to have the items carried from one playthrough to another)

I'll try your games when I'll finish persona 3, then. Thanks~
(So...don't delete your post, if you ever get that weird idea xD)

I really enjoy reading your loooong posts, and feel a little bad for answering with such short messages. Sorry Oh you~

Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Infinipede on 16/04/15, 05:06 am

Definitely a bonus that the Cutie 3 don't steal your guys, but I kept feeling like Karen was gonna try and sweep me off my feet lmao! Hey not that I would mind if I wasn't trying to get someone else XD

And aww, thanks! gaming as art is one of my autistic special interests so I end up rambling about it and also I'm just a longwinded person in general lmao. I don't mind short answers <3

(And don't worry, I'm not in the habit of deleting posts unless it's some kind of embarrassing writing from 2004 I'm afraid someone will dig up once/now that i'm published lmao)
Infinipede
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16/04/15, 09:37 pm

It's always nice to see a fellow Persona fan (I've been trying to convince people of the brilliance of those games but they just won't play them). 

You must be excited for Persona 5, it's my most anticipated game come out soon, although I hear it might not be until 2016 now. sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum