Otome Hearts

Welcome to the premier reverse harem community!
Let's talk about otome games and things that interest you.

You are missing out on a lot of stuff, images and links are only available to members. By participating, you could unlock more features and hidden gems.

It sucks to be a lurker!

Join us in a quest for bishies, empty headed heroines, fun and ....and .......umm.... oh, great background music...tadah~!

Hello~

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Hello~

Post by milleniaera on 08/01/15, 11:23 pm

Hello everyone! I've named myself Milleniaera, but please,just call me Aera,its one of my most favorite names ever,for reasons I won't bore you with but if you're curious I'll reply~ 

I'm a glasses wearing,introverted, girl in real life,and it gets pretty lonely at times. So I wanted to open up online at least,get talking,maybe even make friends! After all,the fact that I love Otome games is a dark secret of mine,only two friends(real people near me yes) I really trust know about it,it should be easy to be friends here,well, maybe?

Since this IS an otome forum,I'll share something related. Let's see... for my favorite type of guy,well,I have a lot of types...its so hard to choose. One thing I can say is I ALWAYS go for the secret guy/true route guy/ Mr.X/Joker/??? ,you get the idea, and I end up liking them 99% of the time,whatever the personality. I like the big,teddy bear guys - tsundere or not - as well. I also have a strong desire to see a megane guy who is cheerful and odd,those are so rare,but it makes me love them even more   Love it! I have an infinite fondness for white hair for some reason.

Types I don't really like are the boring flirty ones (quirky ones are exceptions), ones who haven't gotten over their ex, and tsundere that is too tsun (like,they're plain mean to the heroine 99% of the time) 

Sorry if I bored you with that long introduction  Bert sweating I wonder if I'm trying too hard.
You can ask me anything though,I'll answer.

milleniaera
Stalker
Stalker

Faction Faction : Joker
+Gold : 18
+Like : 1
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

default Re: Hello~

Post by fairth on 09/01/15, 02:28 am

Yay ! A real long intro just as I like them !
Oh ! I'm a hundred per cent with you on the "Types I don't like". However, I hardly go for the "true ending" guy. I prefer the Tsundere-tough-to-yandere type. (There is a topic like that btw)
I stalked you around the forum, and I can see you're already quite active, though the forum has lacked action since last November (I hope everyone's Flooding will be back with the new year  Sparkle )
I'll be glad to discuss with you !
IRL all my friends know about my VN-bishies-addiction but only one friend share it (and she's completely crazy over Hakuouki atm xD), so yeah, it kind of explain why I'm on this forum as well xDD
Do you only play English or translated Otome Games ?
Ever thought of learning Japanese ?
Which is your favorite right now ?
What was your first Otome Game ? 
What types of games do you prefer ?
What about anime ? Drama ? Manga ? Books ?
Anything you're particularly addicted to right now ?
(I'm trying to see if you're a good person xD)

And of course, Welcome in Otome Hearts Forums !!

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 334
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniaera on 09/01/15, 09:51 pm

Thank you for replying! I'll try my best to answer haha.

Ah,I'd forgotten to mention I like Yandere's too! Well,as long as they aren't too extreme. I think a little possessiveness seems flattering,but I'd rather not be chained or beat you know? Touma almost went over the boundary but he didn't,so I still love him. He's my fave in Amnesia right after 'Joker'.

I admire that you can be so open with your interests like that. From where I come from, no one even knows what a 'VN' is,much less some 'game' in which you chase hot guys lol.

I play all sorts of Otome games! English translated or not,it just depends on how good it is! Like,Lucky Rabbit Reflex was a pretty good English otome game,it teetered over to the dating sim range but it was still good. Stat raising is my weak-point,as in I'm generally bad at it,but LRR was pretty easy.
LemmaSoft Forums has a lot of amateur english otome games,but most of them are fun to play.

Have I thought of learning Japanese? I've already been self-learning for a few years,but its a slow process with school and all. But even if an otome is in JP, as long as its fully voiced I can pretty much understand most of it,my reading skills aren't up to par though,kanji confuses me,the common ones are easy though. That's why I'm annoyed almost all heroines have no voice,its a pain trying to read  Rolling Eyes/ pissed

Favorites...its hard to say. I like a lot of otomes really. I'll like it as long as it has some depth and the heroine isn't a Mary Sue. For English otome,I quite like the X-series by Zeiva.inc . First one was X-note,second was Area-X and now the final part has been announced,Silent-X.
For JP,of course I loved both Amnesia ( team Joker) and Hakuouki (team Sanosuke). I like the Starry Night series too,although I've only played Spring (team Kanata). I so wanna play Winter,but no translation,I plan on getting the PSP version since its easier to download. Its fully voiced so I think I'll be fine (stuck between team Kazuki and Tsubasa)
I wanna play Heart no kuni no Alice but all that ATLAS and AGTH confuses me (But I already have a favourite,Ace!). Tokimeki series was nice too,especially the third one. If you have some JP recommendations,it would really help!

Well,it wasn't exactly otome,but Persona 3 Portable was what made me interested in otome games,with its small dating sim element. I didn't even know there was a genre like that until I started searching 'RPGs with romance options' etc on google lol.
The Summon Night series was what made me learn JP,cos I played a few in the series,that small romance element really drew me in,and I was frustrated to see that not only none of the other games were translated,but after the 5th installment they completely closed shop! That was sad. Btw,my current avatar is of the heroine from the 3rd game,my favorite.
Boring and common but I'm pretty sure my first legit otome was Hakuouki,like almost every other girl  Neutral

Of course I love otome games,but I've loved RPGs even long before that. I've played some of the old Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem (I bought a 3DS just for Awakening,those dating elements  Ehehe~ I could write you a thesis on why I love that installment so much). Of course,I've loved pokemon (played every single game,yup,I'm a nut for the games but I gave up the anime after Dawn/Hikari left,she was my fave,even though I don't really like girly girls). I liked Digimon too,but I've only played like 2 games,and watched only the original series too. I also like games in which you collect stuff,whatever it is. Most commonly its cards with pretty art,like Ayakashi Ghost Guild. Its hard trying not to spend money but I'm a F2P player through and through. I'm not really fond of sports games or FPS,unless its with friends. I stay away from MMORPGS,waste of time and money imo (not like I don't waste it but still) Love mystery games too, Professor Layton, 999 ( I really wanna play the sequel but can't find it anywhere >_< )
Basically I like gaming ahahah...

Also,kinda sexist,but I prefer games with a female protagonist since its so rare --main reason I played Persona 3 Portable (and fell in love with the series as well as the otome genre Sparkle  )

I love anime,manga,books yes. I'm an avid reader,I love pretty much all genres. Mangas,mainstream ones I like One piece and bleach(though this one has been a little boring near the end),Fairy Tail,Shingeki no Kyojin,Tokyo Ghoul,ahh,too many to name. Shoujo,I do like it,but if its too cheesy or has an annoying heroine,no. Anime,I watch any adaptations of the manga I read,I love originals too,like Kyokai no Kanata. Since this post is already really long I'll tell you in detail later.

I quite like the dark/psychology/horror genres,whatever the 'platform' (games,anime,manga,novels) . It just intrigues me so,makes me use my head,make me try to understand all sides of the story,I like trying to delve into the Villain's side. One series I fell in love with was Dangan Ronpa. I simply love the atmosphere it creates, the uneasiness, the personalities of each character,I just fell in love immediately. Its also a mystery game/VN so it was awesome. I've finished both the games,and am currently reading the novels. I'll talk about this later as well.

Anything as in ANYTHING? I'm not sure what you mean,but I'm pretty addicted to finding new VNs to read. Also learning to draw,I just can't seem to get bodies right. If I'm looking at something I can basically photo copy it,but by my own I suck, so I'm trying to improve, so I can one day finally make a VN with hot guys. I'm addicted to Tumblr full stop. If you see an Aera Millenia ANYWHERE,its most likely me haha. You can actually see all my gaming and anime/manga tastes there. Then there's learning JP.
And also finding GOOD,proper anime,not plain fan service ones ugh (Fairy Tail is an exception,not full of it but there's a lot)

Uwah,this is pretty long. Hope I didn't bore you. If you don't mind,I'd like to keep this rolling,since you're the only person to talk to me,and ask you the same questions. You can ask me more too,and I may simply mention random stuff I like cos I can't talk about this stuff to anyone else really. But only if you're interested, I don't wanna seem like a clingy kouhai,even though you're a nice sempai  Oh you~

Thank you for talking to me  Embarassed/ Kyaa!

milleniaera
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by fairth on 10/01/15, 12:45 am

Whoah ! No way ! I'm probably the Kouhai here ! I'm still rather new to Otome Gaming (But I'm waaay~ older xD)

Thanks for answering, I really love reading long posts and of course I'd be glad to stalk you around the forum and flood together in any topic xD (You can create new topics if you want to discuss specific things) That way you'll get more golds and anyone can intervene if interested !!
hmm... I did not only talk about VNs to my friends, I actually urged them to play, too xD (First anime and drama, and once addicted, bring the Hakuouki anime then game and... you'll have Otome Friends :p )

So what were the questions already ?

Do you only play English or translated Otome Games ? Mostly English ones, and there are already a lot (Especially phone otome games like Ninja Love or Lost Island)

Ever thought of learning Japanese ? Yup ! I had already been tempted because of manga, and eventually began learning to read. But I'm stuck with grammar, and I'll probably take classes this summer or something.

Which is your favorite right now ?

... I'm currently searching for a good Otoge, one of those which provoke addiction xD But the last addicting one I played is, may be, TGS3 and I just started Backstage Pass.

What was your first Otome Game ? 
Was it Frozen Essence ? or may be Sweet Amoris or Planet or Alistair... (Probably Frozen essence because I struggled for days without sleep since I didn't know Lemmasoft forums xD)

What types of games do you prefer ?
Supernatural, Fantasy and historic romance but I got tired of anything with priestesses (Like the Hiro no kakera series OTL) But as long as a game makes me laugh or cry, I love it. (With lemmasoft, I learned not to take into account the art).

What about anime ? Drama ? Manga ? Books ?
When it's manga or anime, I'd rather read/watch something with fighting ! Sparkle  Usually, fighting manga, about the way of the sword, punch etc are way funnier than shoujo !!
Currently addicted to Hunter x Hunter, Shingeki no kyoujin, Suicide Island, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO, One Piece and many mainstream series as for shoujo, I'd rather read something with supernatural or fantasy.
To tell you the truth, I'm a huge fan of time travel series (time travel things actually xD), like Kanata Kara, Daughter of the Nile (Oh! That Pharaoh prince ><), fushiji yuugi... etc...
And Zombies ! What do you think of Zombies related things ?

Anything you're particularly addicted to right now ?
I'm currently reading the Lux Series: It's a romance novel between a human girl and an Alien. Kind of between Twilight and The Vampire Diaries but way funnier. (They aren't out in my country so I just downloaded them, but I'd gladly pay for the books once out)

Oh ! You are learning how to draw ? I might help you with basics if you've just begun. Especially with women bodies. I'm currently trying to learn how to draw male bodies, but...

hmm... may be we should create a "Let's share our drawing advices" ?

fairth
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Clover
+Gold : 334
+Like : 19
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniaera on 15/01/15, 01:51 am

Ah,its been a while since I replied,sorry,school has been hectic recently ^^; I have to explain a portion to my class as an activity and I'm nervous as heck cos I don't really speak much,I'm pretty shy and have low self-esteem,I don't think I should go around saying this ahaha...
I remember Frozen Essence too,its been so long. At the time I felt it was one of the best games I'd played,its still really good considering it was done by one person. But if I play it now,while art doesn't bother me much anymore (you gotta adapt if you wanna enjoy this small genre) the grammar might make me cringe. 
I also remember Realm of Thanos and Requiem of the Abyss,both made by the same person (but not the person who made FE). Same effect as Frozen Essence. Then a later game called Doppleganger, I quite liked it,their art and grammar improved and I absolutely loved the true route ahaha,though I think she was aiming for that,all the other routes seemed like Bad Ends even if it was apparently the 'best end' for the guy. But True route guy was cute,its like the author knew exactly which buttons to push to activate my childhood crush stereotype.
Ah,and yes,please teach me how to draw! 

Level Up!
Fairth-Senpai -> Fairth-Sensei!
HP +10
Skill +10
Aera's admiration bar +10
...lol

But yes,I think we should start a topic on drawing advices! If you haven't already,who should make the topic,me or you?

milleniaera
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Cat_Lady on 18/01/15, 03:31 pm

Hello and welcome! Hello

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Special thanks to everyone involved in the Black Wolves Saga Translation Project [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!

The_Cat_Lady
Mahou Shoujo
Mahou Shoujo

Faction Faction : Spades
+Gold : 749
+Like : 95
Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by milleniaera on 18/01/15, 06:16 pm

Ah,thank you! It seems that the forum has become more active now,its nice to know!  Hello It's nice to meet you senpai!

milleniaera
Stalker
Stalker

Awards :
Events :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 06:05 am

Sponsored content